What score did you get at your ARC?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Chickenwing 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Chickenwing  »

Jason95 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:15 pm Nice! Not too bad of a turnaround then, hope everything goes well for you. Fingers crossed im not waiting too long, but im prepared for the wait! Haha
Not bad at all! Much quicker than I anticipated 😀 Hope it’s just as speedy for you!
27/10- Applied
29/11- Arc
23/12- Resubmitted documentation/placed on Merit list
20/01- Conditional offer/vetting began
22/02- Vetting completed
04/03- The call
19/04- Start date
bradders84
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by bradders84 »

First time user here!
Got my email this morning to say I was succesful in ARC with score of 68.54% which im happy about. It doesnt however tell me if this is a "pass" or "merit". Anyone else get an email like this? sorry if asked before.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

The pass or merit is dependant on the original job advertisement, you can find out on your justice jobs portal wether it was a pass or merit campaign for the position you applied for.

It’s odd that some people are getting emails with their respective ARC scores but others aren’t, I didn’t, not that I was too bothered. Was yours a virtual ARC ?

Welcome to the forum bradders
bradders84
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by bradders84 »

Appreciate the reply. Yeah virtually, just 2 days ago.
Have just double checked and its Merit. Not totally sure what that means but I'll take the pass and the subsequent wait!!
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

It means that if there was 100 people applying for 10 positions, the 10 best candidates would be offered a role.

No one knows how many posts prisons are looking to fill or how many people are going for them so just a waiting game now.
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

Hey everyone,

My VArc results show 60% next to Prison Officer ac exercises. The rest show pass and overall successful.

I really feel like my score isn’t adequate enough for the merit campaign, considering seeing others on here with 70%+. Am I right in thinking so?
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Nee idea pal 🧐
Jason95
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jason95 »

Moonagedaydream wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:45 pm Hey everyone,

My VArc results show 60% next to Prison Officer ac exercises. The rest show pass and overall successful.

I really feel like my score isn’t adequate enough for the merit campaign, considering seeing others on here with 70%+. Am I right in thinking so?
Ive seen people who have scored 53% on here and have had an offer made to them, I think it really does depend on the prison and how many people they are hiring, I would class any pass as a good score so I wouldn't worry too much! I scored 70% but if we're at different prisons you might get an offer before me, just how it is! Fingers crossed for both of us!
MuayThaiRy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by MuayThaiRy »

I did my VARC today and it went absolutely amazing! The whole process was quality and well set up and for my first ever interview I think I did pretty damn good :slhehe:
Applied As YCW - 15/02/21
Completed Stage 1 & 2 - 15/02/21
Successful Email - 16/02/21
ARC Booked On - 16/02/21 For 08/03/21
Passed ARC On - 30/02/21
woodheadchris

Post by woodheadchris »

I got 59% on a post that was Merit and passed, so does that mean I'm on the merit list?
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Yeah, as long as you were successful in all elements then you’ll be on the merit list. I too am in the same position with a score of 60%

Good luck mate
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by spacegeneral  »

I got 75 at my ARC, and got put on merit. I then applied to an other prison to have the choice, and got a job offer for both so I got to choose which is cool, and now I'm being vetted
Jason95
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jason95 »

Some good scores! I scored 70% and been on the merit list a week now. Applied for a west midlands prison!
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

I’ve received a conditional offer today! So my 60% wasn’t a disaster after all :slyay:

Only had a two week wait from receiving VARC results and being placed on the merit list.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

It’s a total lottery ! If you pass, you’re in with a shout, wether you think your score is good or bad.

Well done !
Previous topicNext topic