What score did you get at your ARC?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Charlotteirad

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Charlotteirad » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Also just to clarify Im only presuming its out of 100! There wasn't too much info on my results :)

User avatar
Bedders
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Bedders » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Scores are out of 80mate👍

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by londonlad81 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm

So guys did my ARC this week. Passed the main tests but unfortunately my blood pressure was too high to do the fitness test! Bloody 39 years old, reasonably fit and been in Armed Forces. The guy directing us said apparently it’s common and you can come back just to do the fitness test. I think it was a combination of nerves throughout the whole day. But will see my GP to have a once over. Even waiting to do it a second time I was nervous!

User avatar
gaboo
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by gaboo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Londonlad. Hopefully you'll be able to get it back down again for next time. Did they say how long would have to wait to go back for it?
If not us, who? If not now, when?

Applied: 07/16
RAD: 07/16
Results: 08/16
Conditional Offer: 10/16
POELT Started: 01/17
Left Service: 03/19

Re-applied: 01/20
ARC(??): 20/02/20
Results: 24/02/20
Conditional offer - 27/03/20

Charisrad

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Charisrad » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:11 pm

You’ve honestly made my day!!!!

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by londonlad81 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Apparently can go back anytime within 8 weeks. But no point in that until I’ve seen my GP to check it too. So annoying!
Wasn’t sure if it was my nerves throughout the whole day or not though!
Luckily the rest of my results are held for 12 months.

User avatar
Jambogmail1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Jambogmail1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 pm

londonlad81 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:24 pm
Apparently can go back anytime within 8 weeks. But no point in that until I’ve seen my GP to check it too. So annoying!
Wasn’t sure if it was my nerves throughout the whole day or not though!
Luckily the rest of my results are held for 12 months.
Landlad Sorry to this dude, I haven’t done my ARC yet but I’ve booked my slot. My blood pressure is high usually my DIA is between 83-101 so I’ve purchased a home blood pressure thing so I can monitor it, so it’s been a week and took my findings to the doctors and they have given me pills that will help lower it.

I’m a 37yr old none drinking or smoked and healthy so no idea why it’s high I’m doing all I can to get below 80

Good luck man

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by londonlad81 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Jambogmail1 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 pm
londonlad81 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:24 pm
Apparently can go back anytime within 8 weeks. But no point in that until I’ve seen my GP to check it too. So annoying!
Wasn’t sure if it was my nerves throughout the whole day or not though!
Luckily the rest of my results are held for 12 months.
Landlad Sorry to this dude, I haven’t done my ARC yet but I’ve booked my slot. My blood pressure is high usually my DIA is between 83-101 so I’ve purchased a home blood pressure thing so I can monitor it, so it’s been a week and took my findings to the doctors and they have given me pills that will help lower it.

I’m a 37yr old none drinking or smoked and healthy so no idea why it’s high I’m doing all I can to get below 80

Good luck man
Im surprised too Jamb, ex armed forces and I passed prison Officer selection previously although it was a few years ago. 39 and fairy fit, I eat healthy and have started running again! So frustrating that I couldn’t keep my BP down. I was extremely anxious, but will see my GP.
What pills are you on? Are you on them for ever? What arm are you supposed to check?

User avatar
gaboo
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by gaboo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Isn't it three left arm to check? As I believe theres a major artery in there. I could be wrong though
If not us, who? If not now, when?

Applied: 07/16
RAD: 07/16
Results: 08/16
Conditional Offer: 10/16
POELT Started: 01/17
Left Service: 03/19

Re-applied: 01/20
ARC(??): 20/02/20
Results: 24/02/20
Conditional offer - 27/03/20

User avatar
falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Posts: 4969
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:26 pm
Alignment: 'Shade'
Location: Surrey

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by falkor » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:59 pm

Gents, please do not use Quote to reproduce the post immediately above your reply

this is unnecessary and against the Rules

User avatar
Jambogmail1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Jambogmail1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 pm

londonlad81 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:39 pm
Jambogmail1 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 pm
londonlad81 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:24 pm
Apparently can go back anytime within 8 weeks. But no point in that until I’ve seen my GP to check it too. So annoying!
Wasn’t sure if it was my nerves throughout the whole day or not though!
Luckily the rest of my results are held for 12 months.
Landlad Sorry to this dude, I haven’t done my ARC yet but I’ve booked my slot. My blood pressure is high usually my DIA is between 83-101 so I’ve purchased a home blood pressure thing so I can monitor it, so it’s been a week and took my findings to the doctors and they have given me pills that will help lower it.

I’m a 37yr old none drinking or smoked and healthy so no idea why it’s high I’m doing all I can to get below 80

Good luck man
Im surprised too Jamb, ex armed forces and I passed prison Officer selection previously although it was a few years ago. 39 and fairy fit, I eat healthy and have started running again! So frustrating that I couldn’t keep my BP down. I was extremely anxious, but will see my GP.
What pills are you on? Are you on them for ever? What arm are you supposed to check?
Londonlad I’m on are called ramipril, on a dose of 2.5mg once a day in the mornings. I’m just on them until my blood pressure levels out got a check up in 2 weeks. But the doc said I can stay on them long as I need as no real side affects. They better work or I’ll go all hulk a freak out lol might be worth mentioning it to your GP

Not sure about what arm but I either one but do it twice 3min apart or so.

Charlotteisace
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Charlotteisace » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Hiya. Managed to get my account sorted meaning I can post properly!

Thanks for setting my mind at ease about the scores being out of 80. Sscl told me it was 100 when I asked, also said they couldn’t really give me any advice. Helpful!

As I did my rad in Birmingham I have to do my fitness test separately! Dreading it but can’t fail!!!

User avatar
Taff86
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Taff86 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:03 pm

There is no need to worry over the fitness test.

Charlotteisace
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:30 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Charlotteisace » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:22 pm

I have a decent level of stamina but I find the bleep test a lot faster than anticipated. I’m just training constantly. It’s a weird one, I wouldn’t class myself as unfit at all but have yet to finish it. My mum is also very, very fit and struggled with the pace too! I’m just going to keep at it. Practise makes perfect :slbx:

User avatar
Jambogmail1
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Re: What score did you get at your ARC?

Post by Jambogmail1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Just reading through the pre checks email about the RAC, and noticed the blood pressure differs on pass rate over some links I’ve seen on the prison officer job spec.

Below is the most recent email with Max BP? I’ve emailed the office to confirm as my BP is high but hopefully the drugs I’m on will lower. Can anyone confirm the below is correct?


• Basic health screening: If your blood pressure is too high (i.e. more than 170/100 mmHg) you won’t be allowed to take the fitness test due to health and safety reasons. You will be invited back to resit your medical assessment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic