Application question

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Application question

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi all,

Sorry to jump in on this post, however I can’t find or see how I can post my own post, I’m just wondering if anyone can help me, the last communication I received was an email apologising for the delay I’m literally awaiting a start date for training, this was on 17th December, I have called every week to chase this up, but all I’m told is to be patient as soon as there is a date available they will be in touch, the establishment I’m hoping to start with is Elmley and swaleside, is anyone else in the same position?
Nicole
Passed online tests, Arc assessments, Vetting, just waiting the call and start date for training. :slyay:

northorsouth
Counsellor
Counsellor

Re: Application question

Post by northorsouth » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi nicoler82

I’ve started a new thread for you in the applications section so you have your own one now, perhaps do an introduction for us in that section and let us know about about yourself, your ARC day and anything else you want to share?

There’s a few people that have been in the same boat as you and it’s very frustrating, persistence and patience is the key and they’ll no doubt be in touch soon. No harm in making that call to find out what’s happening, just be mindful of your phone bill!

Look out for a call at an odd hour from an unknown number and you’ll be underway, I’m sure the other guys who are due to start soon will be along with some comments too

NOS :slre:
Applied 09/08/19
Online tests 11/08/19
Results 12/08/19
Arc Manchester 05/09/19
Officially passed arc 06/09/19
Initial offer 17/09/19
Vetting begun 18/09/19
The call 08/10/19
Start 11/11/19

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Thank you, I will update my profile, I only came across this forum recently, I call every week for an update, I’m constantly logging on to application centre and checking emails. I passed the vetting process in November, then was emailed in December apologising for delay. They said it’s down to the new apprentice scheme coming in to play from May 2020.

I’ve been wanting to do this for so long now, I passed my ARC assessment day in October I originally applied for position in July last year, I just can’t wait to start.

Thank you for sorting my post out for me too

PO1678w
Rookie Member

Post by PO1678w » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:24 pm

I think I'm in a similar position, but haven't been waiting as long as you. My status changed to "We will be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process" on December 30th, having been in vetting since the start of the month. Reading the posts on here I think that means I have passed vetting and am just waiting for the call, but I haven't heard anything since - I guess due to the delays you've been told about.

So frustrating for you, hope you hear soon, will let you know as soon as I hear anything!

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Also does anyone know if there are all training centres locally to me in the Kent area. I’m a single parent I would rather commute than be residential
Nicole
Passed online tests, Arc assessments, Vetting, just waiting the call and start date for training. :slyay:

Snowy206
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Snowy206 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi Nicole, I am in the same position though haven't waited as long as only passed vetting a week ago. I had a voicemail on Thursday evening saying they hope to have some dates in the next week or so, so fingers crossed. I will be going to Newbold and to prison in east minds.
Good luck. 😁

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi Snowy

Oh wow fingers cross it won’t be long for you then, I just wish I knew, roughly how long till I can start, I was made redundant on maternity leave, I was hoping for a start in December, I wasn’t sure on the email, whether I would be doing the new apprenticeship or the POELT, I’ve wanted to do this for so long, and after being made redundant I just went for it, I’m so eager and excited to start just wish I knew even if it will be in a few months just anything.

Good luck with your training and your start x
Nicole

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 pm

Everyone’s time will come.....all good things and that !!

Like NOS said, it will be a phone call out of the blue, usually on a night time as the call centre works 4pm-11pm, and it will be an unknown number....so answer it !!!!!

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 pm

I will, I can’t wait to start, thank you for your reply
Nicole

JCOX4
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by JCOX4 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Bearguy wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:06 pm
Everyone’s time will come.....all good things and that !!

Like NOS said, it will be a phone call out of the blue, usually on a night time as the call centre works 4pm-11pm, and it will be an unknown number....so answer it !!!!!
I wonder why they work such a bizzare time..?
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
A&C decision 24/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 22/08

Snowy206
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Snowy206 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:24 pm

I was told it was likely to be April? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:21 pm

This was the email I received:
Nicole

Thank you for your continued patience. We hope to be able confirm your start date details shortly.

The reason for the slight delay in confirming your start date is related to the upcoming introduction of the Custody and Detention Professional apprenticeship that will replace the current Prison Officer Entry Level Training programme (POELT) in May 2020. From May 2020 all new prison officer recruits will be required to complete the apprenticeship during their first year.

The apprenticeship will give new officers the skills to do their job and allow them to put their learning in to practice in a live environment aiding their development and identifying where they may need extra support.

Currently we are finalising the schedule of training dates for the remaining non-apprenticeship POELT courses as well as the apprenticeship training dates from May 2020 onwards.

As soon as the new training schedules have been confirmed we will be able to confirm a start date with you.
Nicole

Nicoler82
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Nicoler82 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 pm

I think I will still be doing the POELT training but even then I’m not sure
Nicole

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic