Employment history

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
theviciouschicken

Employment history

Post by theviciouschicken » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:50 am

Good morning!

I applied on Friday, completed and passed all the online tests, and have my ARC day tomorrow (almost terrifyingly speedy!).
I'm just wondering how far back the employment check goes? Is it 5 years, 10 years or since leaving school?

I'm 37 and I've been working in Education full time for the last 5 years. Prior to that have a chequered history of 4 spells of attending uni (2 drop outs, one completed undergrad and a completed PGCE) and various jobs/spells of unemployment between finishing high school in 2002 and finally starting my degree (2007-2010). I had a bit of a chaotic life in my 20s (but nothing criminal) and having serious difficulty remembering all the dates and places I work/times I was unemployed.
Thanks in advance!

northorsouth
Counsellor
Counsellor

Re: Employment history

Post by northorsouth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:10 am

Morning TVC!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have another member here and hope we can all help and offer advice :slbg:
Perhaps you could give us a little introduction about yourself in the intros section then feel free to explore the forum and see what’s about

With regards to vetting, I think it’s 5 years back but I know they use HMRC records to scan over where you have been, who’s been paying you etc and compare it to what you have put down and contact employers if needed. You’ll also need to provide a professional reference and personal incase they need more information. My best bit of advice here is take your time and put in as much information as possible, even go as far as putting in extra information.
I had a previous CTC and enhanced disclosure live from my previous job and I got hold of the relevant departments for reference numbers etc and my vetting flew through as you’ll see from my signature

Good luck with it all and keep us up to date with how you’re getting on!

NOS :slre:
Applied 09/08/19
Online tests 11/08/19
Results 12/08/19
Arc Manchester 05/09/19
Officially passed arc 06/09/19
Initial offer 17/09/19
Vetting begun 18/09/19
The call 08/10/19
Start 11/11/19

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic