Expenses on POELT

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Bearguy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Expenses on POELT

Post by Bearguy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Evening all !

I will be starting POELT in the new year, on residential, they mentioned on the phone about claiming back expenses, what I didn’t ask was that would I be able to claim back train/coach fares to and from home every weekend ?

northorsouth
Counsellor
Counsellor

Re: Expenses on POELT

Post by northorsouth » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Bearguy

I’m doing a different type of Poelt training on an apprenticeship style course which luckily is at my home establishment learning centre, we did however attend a 2 day welcome event at Newbold yesterday and today (diary update to follow)

They pay expenses for your travel each week, you’ll be shown how to do this and log it on the system and there is an amount you can claim for food etc it’s a bit different at Newbold depending on where you stay as they provide food on site (you’ll want to buy extras and other food at times judging by what we had)

If you’re driving, you get so many pence per mile and additional if you have a passenger but you’ll need to upgrade insurance to business cover too. Rail and coach fares are returned at cost on your receipt.

As I said before though, it will all be explained and they’ll set you up on a system to process your claims

Couple of tips for staying at Newbold...ear plugs, extra blanket and take your own mug for a brew, ones in the kitchen seemed to be growing their own cures for diseases!
Applied 09/08/19
Online tests 11/08/19
Results 12/08/19
Arc Manchester 05/09/19
Officially passed arc 06/09/19
Initial offer 17/09/19
Vetting begun 18/09/19
The call 08/10/19
Start 11/11/19

Bearguy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Expenses on POELT

Post by Bearguy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:09 pm

Great information that mate !

I would be using rail and coach transport to get home at the end of each week so glad I can claim that back, saves a wedge !!!

I’m at Lilleshall, meals are included with the onsite digs, however having the appetite I do, I won’t be solely relying on this food :slbg: !!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic