Pilot RAD at Grendon in November

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Sclarke14
Class: 'Pixie'

Re: Pilot RAD at Grendon in November

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Narcisa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 pm
Sclarke14, have you been booked for POELT?
No! Haven’t heard anything at all since being told it was wrong. Just tried to call them for an update and she couldn’t even find my application straight away! Probably have to remortgage for that call though :slhehe:
8 weeks in vetting though and still waiting :slm:

EvaR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:18 am

Narcisa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am
I am finally in vetting :slyay: . It took some time, a few calls and emails, but it is finally happening. Now I should probably get a big dose of patience, keep calm and carry on :slbli:
Hi Narcisa,
I had email from Pip (The Mount’s HR Officer) 2 weeks ago to let me know I’d passed the vetting and to hold tight for the call. As I hadn’t heard, I called SS recruitment yesterday morning and they pulled up my application, confirmed all okay and gave me the number for the team that make ‘the call’, apparently that team work 4-10pm. I called the number at 5pm yesterday and it rang and rang and rang, then went to answerphone so I left a message. I then received a call back about an hour later.
They offered me residential poelt in March which I said I couldn’t do as I have a ten year old, she said no dates were showing for Grendon poelt and asked if I was a driver, then put me on hold to speak to her manager.
I was then offered Grendon non-residential poelt for me to start on the 25th June, that week in establishment and the Grendon training from 2nd July. I was asked if I would like to work as an OSG at The Mount from 30th April for the 8 weeks on Prison Officer salary which I’ve accepted.
Received email confirming all this straight away.
It says the poelt training starts on Mondays at 10am (doesn’t give a finish time), Tuesday-Thursday is 07:55-17:00 and Fridays 07:55-12pm.
I’d suggest that once your vetting clearance is confirmed, call the team up (I can give you the number) as that may be quicker then waiting for them to call you. Am guessing that if you do the non residential, you’ll probably be on the same one as me 😉
Let me know how it goes!
Eva

Narcisa
Registered Member
Registered Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 am

Hi Narcisa,
I had email from Pip (The Mount’s HR Officer) 2 weeks ago to let me know I’d passed the vetting and to hold tight for the call. As I hadn’t heard, I called SS recruitment yesterday morning and they pulled up my application, confirmed all okay and gave me the number for the team that make ‘the call’, apparently that team work 4-10pm. I called the number at 5pm yesterday and it rang and rang and rang, then went to answerphone so I left a message. I then received a call back about an hour later.
They offered me residential poelt in March which I said I couldn’t do as I have a ten year old, she said no dates were showing for Grendon poelt and asked if I was a driver, then put me on hold to speak to her manager.
I was then offered Grendon non-residential poelt for me to start on the 25th June, that week in establishment and the Grendon training from 2nd July. I was asked if I would like to work as an OSG at The Mount from 30th April for the 8 weeks on Prison Officer salary which I’ve accepted.
Received email confirming all this straight away.
It says the poelt training starts on Mondays at 10am (doesn’t give a finish time), Tuesday-Thursday is 07:55-17:00 and Fridays 07:55-12pm.
I’d suggest that once your vetting clearance is confirmed, call the team up (I can give you the number) as that may be quicker then waiting for them to call you. Am guessing that if you do the non residential, you’ll probably be on the same one as me 😉
Let me know how it goes!
Eva
:slyay: :slyay: :slwoot: :slcl:
I want non-residential, I have an eight year old. Fingers crossed, I hope to pass vetting :slwott:
14/11/2017 - online application
23/11/2017 - RAD
12/01/2018 - fitness test retake - passed
22/01/2018 - conditional offer
23/01/2018 - pre-employment info sent

EvaR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Fingers crossed that you’re vetting clears very soon for you!!! Like I said, once you’re cleared let me know and I’ll give you the number to call rather then waiting for their call. Hopefully you’ll end up on same course :slsm:

They may do same and offer you OSG as an interim role....

Slothjr
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 am

Hi all
When i did my RAD they informed us we will be getting our conditional offer in 30 days and begin the vetting in that time.

Vetting can not speed up its backlogged by however many weeks and all the Prison Officer applications in the country are going to one place i believe.

Mine took about 8 weeks and i start in a few weeks :)

Good Luck all
23/10/17 - Initial application
27/10/17 - Online assessment passed
15/11/17 - RAD passed
15/11/17 - Conditional offer accepted
17/11/17 - All aboard the vetting train
17/11/17 - OH assist form sent off
12/1/18 - The call
12/3/18 - POELT Newbold Revel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic