Prison Officer Applications

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
EagleEye
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Prison Officer Applications

Post by EagleEye » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

Had my RAD late last week. Found it a fun experience, and supposedly set the new Agility test record for that centre (Y)

Just waiting for my results now though I am quietly confident (fingers crossed). Managed to get all the way to the end of each of the roleplays and when asking "is there anything else you'd like to say" at the end of each got nothing more out of them. Maths and English was just a re test of what I'd already done and passed.

To anyone who has their RAD scheduled in, just be confident in your own abilities and you should be fine. They told me that 80% of the reason people fail is purely nerves.

Will keep you all up to date of how my results and beyond go.
Aspiring prison officer, part time golfer, and lover of fine wines.

Timeline so far
Applied: 30/5
RAD: 9/8
OH Assist: 9/8
RAD passed: 14/8

GCC1423
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GCC1423 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:39 am

Unsure if anyone knows the answer for this... but I'll ask anyway.

I'm having huge problems with a reference back from 2014. He has lost the reference now 3 times... I don't know how you lose an email 3 times over but he has. He now isn't replying to my emails etc etc.

I have emailed the vetting enquiries email but as per no response.
So I'm a bit lost on what to do really? I've chased as much as I can.

If he doesnt respond will I fail veting ? Or is there others means of obtaining something for that time ??

I am also into my 7th week for the CTC check so not like I'm just waiting on thay reference.

Appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance !

Jack93
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jack93 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 am

Hi GCC

I was unable to get a reference from a job from 2012 - 2014 as the head office no longer gives them. Silly I know! I gave Vetting payslips from my first and last pay with that employer which was sufficient enough.

Have you called SS? They should be able to advise. Also, it might be worth emailing vetting-references@noms.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck!

GCC1423
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GCC1423 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Jack93.

Thank you. That has put me at ease slightly. So frustrating isn't it. I have emailed and nothing back. Rang SS. They said they don't deal with it so to email vetting. Just a huge circle that nobody seems to intervene in.

I don't have the pay slips. But I guess a letter from HMRC confirming national insurscne anf tax etc would hopefully be satisfactory. I guess I'll just have too wait until somebody emails me. I will keep emailing and see if I get a response.

The waiting continues...

K123
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by K123 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Is there anybody going through vetting at the moment, Yorkshire area?
22nd April - RAD
28th April - RAD results passed/OH Assist Returned
12th May - Merit Listed
1st August - Conditional Offer/Submitted Vetting

24th November - Got the call :slyay:
8th January - Start Date

GCC1423
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GCC1423 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 pm

K123.

I am :slbg: :slbg:
RAD DAY - May 23rd
RESULTS - May 24th
CONDITIONAL - June 2nd
VETTING STARTS- June 13th
CTC STARTS- June 29th
CTC COMPLETE- Sept 14th
STATUS CHANGE - Sept 26th
THE CALL- Oct 4th
INDUCTION- Nov 13th
POELT- Nov 20th

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Jack93 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 am
Hi GCC

I was unable to get a reference from a job from 2012 - 2014 as the head office no longer gives them. Silly I know! I gave Vetting payslips from my first and last pay with that employer which was sufficient enough.

Have you called SS? They should be able to advise. Also, it might be worth emailing vetting-references@noms.gsi.gov.uk

Good luck!

It's probably just the proof that you worked there, that they need. They only appear to request refs for past 3 years.

MRJ1970

Post by MRJ1970 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Hi there. I just joined yesterday. Currently going through the recruitment process and having a good look through this forum.

GCC1423
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by GCC1423 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 am

Thank you krypotinian!
RAD DAY - May 23rd
RESULTS - May 24th
CONDITIONAL - June 2nd
VETTING STARTS- June 13th
CTC STARTS- June 29th
CTC COMPLETE- Sept 14th
STATUS CHANGE - Sept 26th
THE CALL- Oct 4th
INDUCTION- Nov 13th
POELT- Nov 20th

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:40 pm

MRJ1970 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am
Hi there. I just joined yesterday. Currently going through the recruitment process and having a good look through this forum.
Welcome :slby:
Wishing you all the best in your application and process. Let us know how get on . :slbg:

EagleEye
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by EagleEye » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm

Got my RAD results Monday, all good. No further news yet, guess this is where the waiting game begins...
Aspiring prison officer, part time golfer, and lover of fine wines.

Timeline so far
Applied: 30/5
RAD: 9/8
OH Assist: 9/8
RAD passed: 14/8

Moopheus
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moopheus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi guys been going through vetting for what seems like a lifetime now, been told by my personal reference that he was contacted a few weeks ago to provide his, failed vetting for the Police 3 times now so I'm a little concerned about the outcome.

Annoying thing is since applying I've landed myself a great job that pays well and it's really laid back, how 'ever I'm still young and after leaving the Army recently want to get back into the public sector ie: Police, Prison Service etc etc, I think I'd regret not atleast giving the Prison Service a chance later in life but at the same time might kick myself if I join the Prison Service and give up the job I have now haha.

Anyone else going through vetting for the Warrington area?

mpeng82
Official Member
Official Member

Post by mpeng82 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:35 pm

i hope to be soon

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Why did you leave the Army if you liked the public service and following on from that what was the reason for you failing police vetting 3 times?

Personally as your still quite young and seem happy enough in the job you have landed I'd stick with that as if you really wanted this job it wouldn't matter what you were offered you'd give it in in a heartbeat to do the job you want not the job you have.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Moopheus
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moopheus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:46 pm

I only left the Army to join Merseyside Police went through 10 months of the application process passed everything and was given a start date for February pending pre employment checks, was told 2 weeks prior to my expected start date that I had failed vetting, I then applied to MDP failed the vetting again and then failed the appeal, landed a job working within the health service as a technician and was taken on full time which is great good money easy job but it's really far to laid back and your alone nearly all the time can be very boring.

Anyway just checked my emails and I have passed vetting for the prison service and need to ring them in the morning to receive my start date... lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic