First stage of application Online Tests

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

First stage of application Online Tests

Post by ilovelamp »

Hi there,

I have been given a date to complete my maths and English tests by, I was just wondering if anybody could point me to some practice tests online. I am aware that there is a book however I will not have enough time to look through that well enough as I have to complete them within 3 days, and it will take 3 days to arrive.

Thanks for your help in advance.

aars3000
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: First stage of application Online Tests

Post by aars3000 »

I used the prison officer ones from :

https://www.how2become.com/?gclid=CJX-u ... 0wodb90PpQ

Questions are the exact format. They give you instant online access. Really helped me, I passed first time.

Good luck!

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

Thanks aars3000 I purchased the book today it will arrive tomorrow, do you think I will have enough time to look through the book and take everything in by Monday? I here some people saying the tests are easy, then others say they are quite tricky?

:-)

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

I ended up getting the book do you think I will have enough time to look through it by Monday some people say the test is easy then some people say it is quite tricky?

deepheat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by deepheat »

If you have basic maths skills you will be fine and the scenarios are abit of common sense in my mind you should be fine :)

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

Thanks Bez are the scenarios in addition to the English portion of the test?

deepheat
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by deepheat »

You have a maths test and I think it was 4 scenarios no English test until you do your RAD

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 »

ilovelamp wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 pm I ended up getting the book do you think I will have enough time to look through it by Monday some people say the test is easy then some people say it is quite tricky?
My advice - go thru the book , check your answers , also keep your eye on the time . I had noticed that these are easy exercises. main point is before you start have plenty of scrap paper , calculator , pens next to you, make sure its nice and quiet and no one disturbs you. Lots of exercises start with counting prisoners . Make sure you count them properly , even one off will fail you on next 3 questions. The reason for these exercises is to see if you got the eye for detail , are able to do a quick count in your head when working on the landing. It all makes sense. :slcoo:

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

Hi Ben are the scenarios like a multiple choice type affair to see how you would handle a situation?

Thanks rocky for the advice makes sense

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 »

Scenarios are multiple choice , but read the text carefully , pick the answer that makes most sense in a situation. Little tricky on some . Also remember to read the prison rules before starting sjt . Trust me , the one on your RAD won't be multiple choice 😀

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

Where would I find a copy of the prison rules could you supply an appropriate link or should I just type in prison rules uk?

Also I am currently working my way through the practice test book that I have purchased on amazon will they be multiple choice on computer or will it be like the book and need to write the answers in myself?

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 »

The prison rules will be on your left side of the screen when you do the test SJT . for example - prisoners are not allowed in other prisoners cell, etc. only a few that will be related to the SJT video

AngelFx
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by AngelFx »

You are supplied with the prison rules and scenario when you are briefed for your role play. They aren't trying to trip you up they just want to know you have the skills to be a good prison officer. Good luck and enjoy it, it's a great experience!
If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you! :slda:

ilovelamp
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ilovelamp »

I see, so you are basically supplied with the materials you need, and you should reference them as you work through the multiple choice questions. How long do we get for the tests? Maths and scenarios?

AngelFx
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by AngelFx »

I can't remember how long I want to say roughly 20 minutes but you won't need all of that. It's basic skills it's what you have already done online. There are a load of threads on the role plays if you have a search and they will probably answer every question you have. Personally I don't think there is any need for the DVD as a lot of it is just common sense. You will be fine. There's a YouTube video which is an example of noms role play that you could be faced with. It will tell you everything you need to display in your scenarios. Good luck
If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you! :slda:

Previous topicNext topic