Has anyone ever failed vetting and for what reason?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Has anyone ever failed vetting and for what reason?

Post by Bearguy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 pm

The times I spoke with priority recruitment was through no caller ID, Craig79 listed the number in a previous post 👍🏻

Football Girl

Post by Football Girl » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 am

Good morning
I am a newbie and this is my first post. I have a conditional offer for a South East prison and sigh.....................stuck in vetting.
I completed my pre-employment check on a Saturday so will exclude that from the 43 days I am counting.
Same as everyone really, phoned but getting nowhere.
Patience it is. I have found my old enhanced DBS from my previous employer is it worth sending this in? Would it speed the process up or slow the vetting process down?
Very worried that COVID will delay things even more.
Please advise Thank you :sloo:
Last edited by Football Girl on Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dookie197
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dookie197 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:51 am

Yeah, i tried to call priority recruitment number but no answer, maybe they'll try again today!

Beanstown

Post by Beanstown » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am

I've had the "We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process." message today so hoping this might be it! :sley:

It's been about 6 weeks since the conditional offer so it matches with what other people are saying. Applied for this in December so it's been a long wait. Fingers crossed!

As89

Post by As89 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:52 am

They’ve told me I need to retake my fitness test even though it’s valid till end of January and the 3 locations are either rugby Luton are Croydon I’m based north east so closest one is a 3 and a half hour drive for a 50 min excercise is there anyway they can give me somewhere closer are will that be the only options?

Beanstown

Post by Beanstown » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:42 pm

I'm in the same boat as you now, had the call but need to redo fitness. At least my nearest fitness centre is about an hour away. How long did it take to get the email through to rebook it?

J129

Post by J129 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Beanstown- how come you have to redo your fitness ? When did you pass your fitness test?

Beanstown

Post by Beanstown » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:49 am

They said because it will be over 12 months old once I start my training which atm looks like it will be in April(!)

Passed it first time in Feb or March. Going for YJW, am guessing they have fewer courses hence the long wait

marty777

Post by marty777 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:58 pm

will they reject for long term mental health issues?

things such as personality disorders, bipolar, schizophrenia?

J129

Post by J129 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 am

They base it on individual circumstances which would be something you'd discuss with them

J129

Post by J129 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:31 am

Hey everyone,

I've been reading different bits, I was wondering if occupational health give you the all clear before vetting was done Or do you just find out once it's all done Many thanks 😁😁😁

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:33 pm

I’d imagine occupational health is done during vetting so you would need to pass to a satisfactory level for the recruitment team to sign you off as fit for the job.
They will contact you and /or your doctor if they have any concerns.

ShakeandBake
Rookie Member

Post by ShakeandBake » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:10 pm

Just under 5 weeks into vetting applying for a prison based in the south west just want to get started now! Does anyone know if the lockdown is having a effect on the vetting process?

dookie197
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dookie197 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:29 pm

I don’t think the lockdown is having any effect per se. But covid in general has slowed things down!!
I’ve had communications from vetting during the lockdown

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Charlotteisace » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:16 am

Hi

Can anyone confirm how many work references you need to put down. I’m just trying to plan ahead! I have been at my current company for 4 years and they will be easy to get a reference from. The company I was at before however, no one I worked for is there any more - they reduced their work force by about 90%.
Would a generic HR email be ok or do they want a specific character witness?

Cheers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic