Has anyone ever failed vetting and for what reason?

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
LucyWoo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Has anyone ever failed vetting and for what reason?

Post by LucyWoo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:28 pm

:slhehe: taking risks, pretty ruthless haha! You won't fail vetting I bet! Good luck :P
Two months notice is a bit much lol :slwh:
One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.

Oldman46
Rookie Member

Post by Oldman46 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Juliee92 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:39 pm
Im with sps so bit different up here as we get 'the call' then references etc go through but i was paranoid i would fail my checks as after waiting so long its hard to believe its actually happening. Aslong as uve been honest through out i wouldnt worry :) if anything theyl contact you most likely if they need any more info or explainations.
Hi Juliee,

I'm currently going through the application process with SPS. I have received a conditional offer and met all the requirements. As it stands I'm only waiting for them to confirm references.

I was wondering how you found this process? I received my offer (conditional) in mid September and was advised they could not progress for the November 2020 intake.

As s result it looks like I'll be waiting until May 2021.

I note you mentioned how long you waited and I just wondered if my situation is the norm? I have been advised there is no guarantee for May either even though my offer states they will make a formal offer once checks are complete.

I suppose I'm just a bit concerned as I have gone from thinking I had a job (really not worried about references) to thinking I'm really not guaranteed anything.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

TheRealMe
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by TheRealMe » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Evening oldman, I wouldn’t hold out for a reply mate. The original comment you quoted was posted in 2016 and the user hasn’t been active since 2018. Hopefully there’ll be someone else using the forum who can answer your questions, though.

Best of luck :slby:

dookie197
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by dookie197 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi,

I am currently at the same stage as you, have been offered a provisional position which I have accepted, subject to vetting I should be good to go.

I've heard from optima health and my counter signatory has been contacted. I have honestly found the process a bit useless, no-one can seem to give me any information and feel like i'm in limbo waiting around for anything!

I have also found it a bit disheartening to be told yes you have a job, but you could be waiting anywhere between 1 and 6 months :(

The wait continues!!!

J129

Post by J129 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 pm

dookie197 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi,

I am currently at the same stage as you, have been offered a provisional position which I have accepted, subject to vetting I should be good to go.

I've heard from optima health and my counter signatory has been contacted. I have honestly found the process a bit useless, no-one can seem to give me any information and feel like i'm in limbo waiting around for anything!

I have also found it a bit disheartening to be told yes you have a job, but you could be waiting anywhere between 1 and 6 months :(

The wait continues!!!
I'm in the same position, currently going through vetting now, I'm hoping mine isn't much longer as the prison I'm waiting to go to is advertising that they need staff etc, my status hasn't changed from "your application is going through pre employment checks" but I had a text message to say the maximum is 12 weeks , I'm a month in , 8 weeks to go

Rosie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Rosie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 am

Vetting can take a LOT longer sometimes!
The time frames are just a rough estimate, with Covid now it could be longer...
I’m on my 2nd go through due to failing vetting because my countersignatory didn’t get back to them in Time, i appealed and the decision was overturned they got the information and i was placed back on the merit list in March this year.
I have literally only received my 2nd conditional offer yesterday, my ARC/RAD runs out in about 2 weeks so I feel I may have to re-do my fitness test 😂
Honestly it’s just a waiting game! Make sure you check your junk/spam email folder just incase anything slips through!
Good luck to you all!

Dartsrob1

Post by Dartsrob1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:49 am

Congratulations on getting your conditional offer Rosie. I got mine through about 3 weeks ago. At least it came through before your accreditation expired.

As89

Post by As89 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:09 pm

My hub has changed to we will be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage anyone have any idea if this is good are bad?

J129

Post by J129 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:14 pm

As89 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:09 pm
My hub has changed to we will be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage anyone have any idea if this is good are bad?
Good !!! It means you passed vetting I think!!!!

J129

Post by J129 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:16 pm

How long has your vetting took before it changed to that?

As89

Post by As89 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:40 pm

About 7 weeks mate been a long one like

J129

Post by J129 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:51 pm

As89 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:40 pm
I'm a week behind you then! It's a long wait isn't it 😂, congratulations though!! You'll have to let us know when you get your start date !!

As89

Post by As89 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 pm

J129 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:51 pm
As89 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:40 pm
I'm a week behind you then! It's a long wait isn't it 😂, congratulations though!! You'll have to let us know when you get your start date !!

Stupid mate how long it takes this whole process started back in January hopefully I get a call soon and will let you know mate

As89

Post by As89 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Missed my call tonight is there a number I can contact them on?

J129

Post by J129 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 pm

As89 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Missed my call tonight is there a number I can contact them on?
Maybe call the prison directly that you applied to? Or SSCL?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic