First Deployment Scheme answers

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
mattzo027
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Sacred: 'Vulcan'

First Deployment Scheme answers

Post by mattzo027 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:41 am

This is a post for this who would like to know what the FDS is. There are many posts coming up about it so I thought I will put it in one place.

The FDS is essentially a scheme to help both applicants and hard to recruit prisons out.

It's for those who have been merit listed as there chosen prisons are at operational capacity, therefore you are offered a position at a hard to recruit prison also known as a red site for a period of 12-24 months and then return to your home prison or a prison within commutable distance.

You are still employed by your original home prison as your contract states but you are essentially working detatched duties at the red site.

Under the scheme you are entitled to accommodation allowance of £589 per month which you have to claim on a monthly basis. To help with deposits and bonds of new rental agreements you can claim an advance to help with this but it has to be repaid when you return to your home prison.

You are also entitled to claim travel for 1 return trip home each month.

You will also receive a retention bonus after 12 months then another after 24 months OR once you return to your home prison.

If your FDS prison operates the market force supplement you are not entitled to this because you are not employed by that prison and you are getting other benifits being on the scheme.

I hope this helps anyone looking to go on this scheme or answers some questions and it saves the same thing coming up again and again.

Not sure if this can be made as a sticky post?
Nothing is impossible, just try, try and try again eventually the odds are you will succeed.

NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Hemlock'

Re: First Deployment Scheme answers

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:52 am

Nicely done Matt.

Falkor... sticky please?

NTKB :slda:
If you post on a public forum, asking for opinions, I may give mine - I don't care if you don't like what I post... I don't care what you think about me... it simply isn't important!

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Post by falkor » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am

Ali5305
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Ali5305 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:57 pm

I have also been offered this scheme and there is alot of cons for me regarding this.

I will be having to leave my wife and daughter to move to London.

I will only be paid to return home once a month.

I am from Cumbria and the scheme has no prisons up north near the north west or east.

589 for accommodation sounds good but a mortgage will also need to be paid.

I have applied for haverigg but they claim that there may be no spaces available within the 12 months period. I have 10 months left till my rad runs out.

2 years is a long time and I have put every effort in to passing my rad.

Really don't know what to do.

mattzo027
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Sacred: 'Vulcan'

Post by mattzo027 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:11 pm

I just felt that there is a lot of questions on what the FDS is etc that if there is something that details it it stops the same thread coming up over and over again and a place that people might be able to get most their answers.
Nothing is impossible, just try, try and try again eventually the odds are you will succeed.

riderbod
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Archer'

Post by riderbod » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:52 am

I will also be leaving my kids behind, just as the youngest goes off to university. I will be funding two houses as well so things will be tight but having passed RAD nearly a year ago, I am running out of time before having to go through the whole process again which is why I have taken advantage of the First Deployment Scheme.

You don't have to pick a prison in London, though to be fair, Cumbria is a long way from any of those on offer. As you have ten months still before your RAD pass runs out, might be worth hanging on for a few months more to see if your chosen establishment comes up with a vacancy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic