Training Question

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Punto
Registered Member
Registered Member

Training Question

Post by Punto » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:55 am

When doing poelt, are the weeks monday to friday as in do we get the weekends off?? Just asking as i have few christenings coming etc once i start my training

KyleS93
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Training Question

Post by KyleS93 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:57 am

Yeah we do mate we go home Friday afternoon :slbg:

NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Hemlock'

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:11 am

This question has been asked... and answered... in different forms many times. A simple search will give you the information you need as it's not quite as straight forward as 'we go home Friday afternoon'.

The search button is your friend.

NTKB :slda:
If you post on a public forum, asking for opinions, I may give mine - I don't care if you don't like what I post... I don't care what you think about me... it simply isn't important!

liammostyn
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by liammostyn » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:11 pm

NeedToKnowBasis wrote:This question has been asked... and answered... in different forms many times. A simple search will give you the information you need as it's not quite as straight forward as 'we go home Friday afternoon'.

The search button is your friend.

Why couldn't you just give a straight answer to his question NTKB? Don't be naughty!
:slyay: :slRA2: :slvo: :sljo:

riflegreen74
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by riflegreen74 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 pm

Amazing how more of an effort goes into giving someone the finger rather than give a quick relevent answer. Some folks are about as helpful as an itchy arse crack inside a wet suit.......
Think about how stupid the average person is..... Then realise that half of em' are stupider than that :slnuts:

NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:40 pm

http://www.prisonofficer.org.uk/viewtop ... ngs#p87404

Liam... I already have answered this question but your post adds nothing to the thread so why did you need to comment at all? Mine has general advice at least... and you telling me not to be naughty? You have some front. Oh, and may I suggest you read and take note of Falkor's thread concerning quoting other peoples posts? You may learn something.

rifle... your post adds nothing either, so why did you need to comment?.. and the link above demonstrates my 'already taken the time to answer this' helpfulness. Maybe if you'd have searched too, then you wouldn't have wasted your time either.

Yet again we deal with the inherent laziness of people who can't be bothered to search for the answer to a common (and already answered) question, so yet again, other useful information gets buried that little bit further into the forum.

Try to help yourself first, then when you can't get the answer you need, I will bother to help if I can. Our job works well with those that have a little savvy, but not with those that require constant spoonfeeding. However, the one thing that I didn't mention when I answered this question the first time was that there is also an evening duty each week (from the second week). It finishes at 18:45 hours (then you have your evening meal) and the trainers will tell you which night it's on for you section.

Again, I say the search function is there for a reason. Use it.

If you post on a public forum, asking for opinions, I may give mine - I don't care if you don't like what I post... I don't care what you think about me... it simply isn't important!

riflegreen74
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by riflegreen74 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:02 pm

I've no need to search as I know the answer to the question. The Problem with information on here is that it may not be updated and therefore being 'spoon fed' keeps people informed. I'm in my forties with 25 yrs experience in my current job so I'm far from being wet behind the ears. 20 of those years as a mentor, trainer and above all a roll model that leads by example. I'm more than content to be asked question that may sound bone but I'd much rather give a positive answer than knock the stuffing out of someone. But that's just me.
Think about how stupid the average person is..... Then realise that half of em' are stupider than that :slnuts:

NeedToKnowBasis
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by NeedToKnowBasis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:09 pm

And yet you chose to comment on my contribution rather than provide the answer that you considered I hadn't?

hrcuk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hrcuk » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:37 am

To be fair it was an arsey reply, I know from using the search feature many times that while helpful it doesn't always bring up the most relevant information. Answer is as follows you'll work Monday to Friday and you'll be expected to do an E.D once a week, whilst technically you'll have weekends off I'd advise that you use the time productively and revise the handouts they give you. Also you'll have a log book to fill in during the course. Hope this helps

jackharper

Post by jackharper » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:47 am

Hi Punto. I did my POELT in Jun/Jul. We did Monday to Friday. Monday was always a later start just in case anyone travelled up on a Sunday night. On the Friday our trainers always let us go by midday. We never had anything called E.D. Our trainers like us travelled home on a Friday and basically said. Look guys, we're finishing early, it's up to you if you want to work on your projects, do revision back at the hotel, etc, etc. In return some of our weekly lessons may overrun by an hour or so to make up the time. Don't revise too hard at the weekend, spend time with your families, and see you on Monday. Suffice to say we all had our cars packed and were checked out before we arrived at the training centre on the Friday, in preparation for a quick turnaround. Perhaps other training centres operate differently, but thats the way mine (on an island in the south east) operated. And it worked.

Good luck :slcup:

Wyer
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Wyer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Gone off topic so I'm locking this.

Please remember we are here to help one another....

Locked Previous topicNext topic