RAD Days September 2015

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
harrid18
Registered Member
Registered Member

RAD Days September 2015

Post by harrid18 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:03 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been to a RAD day recently and could let me know what to expect?

I've been reading on the Internet and seen that some say you have an interview and some say it's just the POST tests again, medical and fitness along with with the role plays.

Ive got my RAD this week coming and would like to try and revise/prepare as much as possible.

Thanks

Dukes
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: RAD Days September 2015

Post by Dukes » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:45 am

Good Morning,

There isn't any interview.

When I went to mine we did our role plays first. If you look on this forum, there are dozens of topics with what the role plays entail and how to handle them. To be fair, I wouldn't worry about this too much as you can't really revise for it you just have to be yourself and just let the conversation flow, after you've started the first one you'll be fine. In our group we were coming out of the rooms having a little giggle it's pretty fun and the people were great.

You will do another Maths and English exam however these are a shortened version and don't last no where near as long as the one online. Same sort of questions just a lot shorter overall . I guess just to make sure you were the ones answering the questions online.

Finally we did our fitness test. Again, there a few topics stating the ins and outs but it's pretty basic and if you are generally fit you'll walk through it.

Overall for me, it was a fun day. I was very nervous at first but the people there are great and my nerves soon went.

Goodluck!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic