The call

Only use this area to start new topics if you are applying for a post for HMPS or similar.
Previous topicNext topic
Dojo_Feder
Rookie Member

The call

Post by Dojo_Feder »

Im aware that this subject has probably been covered to death but I'll bite the bullet and proceed to ask anyway 😂 basically on my portal it says 'We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process', it's said this for the last week and a half - I know this doesn't seem long but when you're checking your phone every 15 minute it starts to send you a bit mad 😂 anyone got any idea how long it'll take to be contacted or anyone to contact to get the ball rolling a bit faster or something ? Also, does that portal message mean I've passed vetting or does it mean they need to contact me about something - I don't know, any help/Reassurance would be greatly appreciated - Thank you
22/10/20 - Applied
22/12/20 - ARC
24/12/20 - Added to Merit List
12/02/21 - Conditional Offer/Vetting Began
18/02/21 - Fitness/Medical
26/02/21 - Vetting Completed
12/03/21 - The Call
12/04/21 - Start Date
Chickenwing 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Re: The call

Post by Chickenwing  »

Congratulations!! It looks like you’ve passed vetting 😀
I had the same message on my portal at the end of Feb. In the end I never received the call, the contact came via e-mail instead just over a week later. I know everyone waits for a different amount of time but yeah, it was 10 days for me and the e-mail came at around 9pm. Hang in there!
27/10- Applied
29/11- Arc
23/12- Resubmitted documentation/placed on Merit list
20/01- Conditional offer/vetting began
22/02- Vetting completed
04/03- The call
19/04- Start date
kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

The waiting time seems to vary from what I've read on here. That message means vetting is complete, congrats! I was lucky and got an email through to book my start date two days after my portal changed to that. Got the call tomorrow night 😊 But they will get in touch! Keep yourself busy otherwise you will drive yourself insane 😂
09/10/20 - Applied
05/12/20 - Passed ARC & failed fitness
15/01/21 - Passed fitness retake & on merit list
14/02/21 - Offer accepted
19/02/21 - Vetting began
10/03/21 - Start date call
10/05/21 - Start date
Dojo_Feder
Rookie Member

Post by Dojo_Feder »

Thanks for getting back to me lads, funny enough, the day I posted this I was told to book my call - weirdly I got an email saying to confirm my place on a course before the call so I did which was the 19th of april, they confirmed this would happen so I handed in my notice at my current employer but when I received the call I was told that their had been a glitch and it hadn't been confirmed and that the date they wanted me to start was may the 10th :slsad: however I managed to negotiate with them and got an earlier start date for the 12th of April instead - talk about stressful ! But yeah we got their in the end - can't wait to start !!!
22/10/20 - Applied
22/12/20 - ARC
24/12/20 - Added to Merit List
12/02/21 - Conditional Offer/Vetting Began
18/02/21 - Fitness/Medical
26/02/21 - Vetting Completed
12/03/21 - The Call
12/04/21 - Start Date
raz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by raz »

Just a quick one from me on this topic.

How soon after the call do I receive my formal contract of employment.

Thanks
kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

I got my contract 6 days after the call
09/10/20 - Applied
19/02/21 - Vetting began
10/05/21 - Start date
Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Pollypocket »

Can anyone tell me what “the call” is like lol
Like do you have to book it in on an online system or does it come randomly?
What do they actually say?
Can you negotiate anything with them? I.e start dates?
Do they give you info? Like who your line manager/mentor will be?
How long is it?
Do they ask you anything?

I’m intrigued lol x
Applied ~ 10/20
V~ Arc 01/21
Conditional Offer ~ 02/21
Fitness Test ~ 03/21 (Passed)
Previously Prison Vetted ~ (exp Feb 2024)
Currently @ “we are conducting Pre-Employment Checks”
stage
Im a drama Queen with a 9 year Probation background :slraz:
Sali0365
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Sali0365 »

It’s just a generic phone call to be honest. Someone will call you and say well done I’m here to give you a start date. They will give you a location and date of your first day, explain you’ll have two weeks induction there which is your prison that you’ve applied for.

They will then tell you your POELT dates and then when you are due back at your prison.

They will let you know contracts will be with you shortly and that the HR team from your prison will be in touch and you should use them as a point of contact.

They’ll ask if you still want to go ahead.

No real fanfare to it I’m afraid it’s like any phone all you have with an employer, pretty professional.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

It’s not like a babestation call 🤣
kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Exactly like sali0365 said.

After your vetting is complete you will get an email to book your start date call, you book this on your portal. There are a few different days and times to choose from. I wasn't able to negotiate a start date on my call, I had one option and that was it 😂 I would have preferred a course closer to home so I could have commuted but that wasn't the case. All good though, not too much of a problem. No information given about line manager/mentor. Contract will be emailed to you within 7-10 days (got mine in 6). My call lasted around ten minutes. After the call I was emailed everything we spoke about.
09/10/20 - Applied
19/02/21 - Vetting began
10/05/21 - Start date
C4l27
Rookie Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by C4l27 »

Hey everyone.

So, I’ve got my call booked in for Thursday evening.

I was curious as to whether anyone had pre-booked holidays going into the the call? If so, was anything said? Did it affect your start date at all?

It’s all getting very real now but I’m buzzing!

Thanks in advance.
Tia 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Tia  »

I was wondering the same regarding holidays that I've already booked for this year and whether this will be taken in to account with start date/training. Does anyone have any ideas on whether they will take it into consideration?
C4l27
Rookie Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by C4l27 »

Hey @Tia.

So, I had my call a couple of weeks ago. I had a couple of days at the end of May for a close friend’s wedding. They offered me a few start dates and left it up to me.

Get the impression days of during the training are not allowed. So, I took an early June start date as there were a few options for me.

They ask you before via email and on the call about any holidays etc. Just have the conversation and see what they say :slsm: :slsm:
Previous topicNext topic