Vetting nearly completed.....

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Vetting nearly completed.....

Post by RS2 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Today I called SS for an update! (My vetting start d on the 18th March)!
They told me that my vetting is nearly completed and my medical is pending?
They said I should get a call from a third party? Has anyone else had this yet?!

They said they send my info off on the 2nd May, but as it is a 3rd party cannot track this? Just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat!?

Recruit2017
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Vetting nearly completed.....

Post by Recruit2017 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 am

I was waiting for 4 weeks for the health questionnaire came through after many calls it finally came through yesterday! What position have you applied for?

Stobie93
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Archer'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Post by Stobie93 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 am

The third party is OHassist, they will either call you or have you fill out a health questionnaire once that's done they will either recommend you or not for the role (they will tell you their outcome also) if they do put you forward and that's all SS are waiting on then you should get a call shortly after SS and your establishment figure out a suitable training course placement.

Stobie.
I believe in Per Sec (personal security)
It's a good belief and never disappointed.

RelaxedRon
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by RelaxedRon » Sun May 21, 2017 10:10 am

I'm going through the same issue. Seems forms/info has gone "missing" as I completed the forms with OH assist at the beginning of my application. Now I'm waiting for a call from them to complete the application/vetting process. Seems during a changeover the info got lost somehow. I was given Oh assists number so I may try to call them tomorrow to see if I can speed up the process at all....
See those two houses over there.
Mines the one in the middle.

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 pm

I actually called OH Assist so it does look like mine has been lost! They even told me the person there sent my results to and they said my medical was cleared! Keep calling SS and they say they will get someone to call me back ... Still waiting! Just so frustrating!

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Recruit2017 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 am
I was waiting for 4 weeks for the health questionnaire came through after many calls it finally came through yesterday! What position have you applied for?

That's the thing, I found through my emails that it was sent straight after my RAD! They've basically lost it! Just a nightmare to speak to someone who gives the correct information! Prison officer @ Wandsworth! You!?

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by laticsash92 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Do they only tell you if its been failed, or do OH assist tell you if youve passed it as well.
I filled out mine 2 weeks ago but have had no info back

WHen i rang up SS they just said all im waiting on is ctc and 2 references, they said they had my medical form back so, im assuming that means it was passed.

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:31 pm

laticsash92 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 pm
Do they only tell you if its been failed, or do OH assist tell you if youve passed it as well.
I filled out mine 2 weeks ago but have had no info back

WHen i rang up SS they just said all im waiting on is ctc and 2 references, they said they had my medical form back so, im assuming that means it was passed.
OH Assist said my medical had been cleared and that they had passed all the info on to SS! SS said my vetting has been completed but my medical is pending, so they cannot tell me whether I have passed or not!

Oh well that's not too bad! If you've already had your medical back then surely you'll be fine! It's just such a long processs!!

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by laticsash92 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Yeah im assuming if it has been passed back to SS then it was a pass. Baring in mind all my answers was a no anyway, i may just ring up OH tomorrow just to ask

RelaxedRon
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by RelaxedRon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Rs2 your in exactly the same boat as me.
I've done the same and confirmed with OH that I was passed back in March however no update in SS. Very frustrating

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm

RelaxedRon wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm
Rs2 your in exactly the same boat as me.
I've done the same and confirmed with OH that I was passed back in March however no update in SS. Very frustrating
I see! Makes me feel slightly better that I'm not the only one! I just don't understand that if people are contacting them and telling them this, why don't they have a better system of sorting it!
Mine was back in March too! I've even been given the name of the person it was sent to!!

RelaxedRon
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by RelaxedRon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 pm

I spoke to them on Tuesday and told them it was all done and sorted and they were going to pass it on to someone. I am gonna call again later today to see if it was passed on. It's the only thing holding me up. My vetting was complete two poss three weeks back and it's just this causing the issues.

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:23 pm

RelaxedRon wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 pm
I spoke to them on Tuesday and told them it was all done and sorted and they were going to pass it on to someone. I am gonna call again later today to see if it was passed on. It's the only thing holding me up. My vetting was complete two poss three weeks back and it's just this causing the issues.
Yeah same boat as me! Well fingers crossed for both of us! Yeah mine was completed about 2/3 weeks ago as well!!!

Chrisingle1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Chrisingle1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Good evening

Very new here so bare with me. I have passed my RAD test and I also believe my vettings complete as my online portal has changed. Im currently a teacher and have 7 weeks left of the term then the holidays. My employers are asking if im leaving or not as i will need replacing etc. Whats the timeline from now to been enrolled on the course?

Thank you

RS2
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by RS2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

RelaxedRon wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 pm
Did you ever hear back! Finally got my start date today!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic