Help with vetting!!!

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
everybodysfree121
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Yeti Master'

Help with vetting!!!

Post by everybodysfree121 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am

Hey guys,

just a question, i was caught speeding a little while ago and attended a speed awareness course. The man at the course told me that on insurance and things i didn't have to put it down because i attended a speeding course. I need some help, what do you guys think?

Should i put it down or just leave it?

Any advice would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Everybodysfree121

laticsash92
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Help with vetting!!!

Post by laticsash92 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 am

Nope, put everything down :) better to be open and honest.

Its them who will then decide if they need to look into it or not or to deem it worthless.
If they come across something and you haven't mentioned it then they will think you have tried hiding, least if you put everything down and they deem it worthless then least they can tell you've been open and honest.

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 am

TRUE, You can put it down as additional information , if it comes up that means you were not hiding it. I had added that I had speeding tickets in the past , possible 9-10 years ago, and that it has been so long I don't remember the exact dates , but I definitely wrote that down. One was 3 points and one was awareness course as yours.

Akw1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Akw1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi guys I need some help I have put down conviction that was on my dbs but they are not doing a dbs they are checking police data base thinking of it I was in a little trouble when o was 10-11 years old nothing major I don't know if this will be on the data base I haven't declared it because I totally forgot and was blind to the fact it I've just been doing dbs for the passed 4 years can I add this some how I just don't want them thinking I have so thing to hide?? Any help would be great

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:37 pm

10,11 years of age. I hope you didn't rob a bank :slbg: Listen enhanced check will show everything , or maybe not because of your age at that time.However I would declare everything to your best knowledge. give them a ring , it will probably not stop you from becoming Prison Officer if it was nothing and taking your age under consideration at the time , but it will make look honest. Honesty is one of the main characteristics this job requires.

Akw1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Akw1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Thank you very much I do have a criminal record when I was 17 which I have declared nah I broke a handle on a church door messing about and some old lady rang the police on us little ones haha criminal damage for when I was 17 years old so hoping that doesn't stop me I've declared it though.

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:47 pm

it's up to the vetting/decision team. But you had been honest and declared it. And that's what counts . last thing you want is being pulled out of your POELT training. well done for declaring :slin:

Akw1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Akw1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:51 pm

What does pulled out of poelt won't they tell me and give me a decision before my poelt?

Akw1993
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Akw1993 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Do they always ring you or can they email you as my phone's reception is playing up now and I don't always receive calls? Sorry to bombard you

Rocky1967
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member

Post by Rocky1967 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

yes, you'll get a decision, however I heard some stories on this forum . it might not be all because of DBS, but it is always good to come clean with everything.

Onamission90
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Onamission90 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

everybodysfree121 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am
Hey guys,

just a question, i was caught speeding a little while ago and attended a speed awareness course. The man at the course told me that on insurance and things i didn't have to put it down because i attended a speeding course. I need some help, what do you guys think?

Should i put it down or just leave it?

Any advice would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Everybodysfree121

Hey! Just a heads up some people on here aren't great with there answers i put a post up like this before as I was worried iv got a ccj missed a payment and iv had a caution an iv lived in other countries. I also totally forgot to add that u had a speeding fine years ago. The comments I got were horrible an that I wouldn't get the job an basically I was a criminal lol.

But hey I start in April! Lol!
Just be honest about everything you know they will find out what they need to find out an make there own decision everyone is different so I wouldn't worry yourself like i did

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic