Applying over 40

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

thekeeperofcrows
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Applying over 40

Post by thekeeperofcrows »

Wyer wrote:
thekeeperofcrows wrote:have a few increments to go before hitting top whack.

Oh my first post as well :)
Don't be so sure on that, all civil servant increments are being scrapped next year so not sure where you stand on what your wage will be.
Knowing the prison service pretty well, I would assume that a 'new' contract will come out next year....

The way I read it your SPDR had to be achieved that way you get the increment, same in the army when pay 200 came in, every fecker got the pay rise including the oxygen thieves that didn't do anything, maybe that is what they mean next year.

Hey ho, still got my pension to top off the wage anyhow.
riflegreen74
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by riflegreen74 »

thekeeperofcrows wrote:
Wyer wrote:
thekeeperofcrows wrote:have a few increments to go before hitting top whack.

Oh my first post as well :)
Don't be so sure on that, all civil servant increments are being scrapped next year so not sure where you stand on what your wage will be.
Knowing the prison service pretty well, I would assume that a 'new' contract will come out next year....

The way I read it your SPDR had to be achieved that way you get the increment, same in the army when pay 200 came in, every fecker got the pay rise including the oxygen thieves that didn't do anything, maybe that is what they mean next year.

Hey ho, still got my pension to top off the wage anyhow.
That's why I'm happy that I have 22 years in the bag already. The new scheme that comes into effect
On Apr 1st 2015 puts to bed any incentive for anyone to join for a decent pension. Where we get an immediate pension every month based on time served until that date. Poor sods joining up now don't get bugger all until they reach whatever the pensionable age the govenment set (60+) at least.... That's if you're still breathing by then. More pennies saved.
Think about how stupid the average person is..... Then realise that half of em' are stupider than that :slnuts:
thekeeperofcrows
Official Member
Official Member

Fecking hell, thought that was what would happen, can see a lot of good blokes popping smoke and leaving the place in turmoil. they just cant leave anything alone can they ?

No doubt the next bunch will be just as feckin useless as well
riflegreen74
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by riflegreen74 »

thekeeperofcrows wrote:Fecking hell, thought that was what would happen, can see a lot of good blokes popping smoke and leaving the place in turmoil. they just cant leave anything alone can they ?

No doubt the next bunch will be just as feckin useless as well
Have a couple of our lads on the 12 year point done just that. Thinking why bother knowing that there is no job security anymore and move on while their still young enough.
Think about how stupid the average person is..... Then realise that half of em' are stupider than that :slnuts:
anewstart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Sacred: 'Vulcan'

Post by anewstart »

Personally as someone (hopefully) just joining the service whilst I understand conditions & pay were better in the past I can say that the new pay system isn't too harsh compared with the rest of the real world.

Unfortunately I seem to be going backwards in my earnings, in my mid to late 20's I was earning close to £40k, my 30's was around £30k, the last 4 years self employed I was lucky to hit £25k (for 50-70 hours per week).

Earning £24k for a 41 hour week beats a lot of jobs, believe me, and I'm just glad the mortgage is paid off.
thekeeperofcrows
Official Member
Official Member

The rates of pay mentioned are for a 37 hour week + 17% for working early, late and every other weekend, you can do up to another 4 hours a week at "enhanced pay" when you work it our it is around £10 an hour. If I can fid the pay rates and figure how to attach it on here I will if it helps you out some.

For ease I do 39 hours a week which is what the old and bold do, but if you don't make sure the profile your working is 37 hours, otherwise they are getting 2 hours out of you for nothing.

Thing I find hard is having to work Wednesday afternoons, miss those sporties and the afternoon power nap before hitting the mess for a few beers, guess it is one thing I will never get used to :slaN:
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

I am currently going through the vetting process and I am a few days off my 57th birthday.