Members only
:slnote: TEN falkor diplomas up for grabs in October :slhe:
this is all conducted on mChat next Month (October) , you will answer 5 subject focused questions, 1 minute time limit!
if you can't answer a question (1 minute goes by and no answer) then the assessment is over
if you pass , your name is included on the site's 2018 HALL OF FAME page , along with your diploma icon
This session is really to do with highlighting of issues, discussion, role promotion and site participation!

Screenwriter seeking advice

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Matthew McGuchan

Screenwriter seeking advice

Post by Matthew McGuchan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:17 am

Hello there, I'm a writer and film-maker based in Ipswich, Suffolk. I am contacting this noticeboard seeking advice from regarding a story I am developing with a young writer based in Portsmouth called Matthew Clarke. Matt has come up with a great concept for a prison action thriller type film, and in my capacity as producer on the project I was hoping to put him in touch with a professional who might be able to advise him regarding certain aspects of the story, with a view towards making the action more believable.

Our script is very much an entertainment of the hard man/punch ups/prison break/crims on the run variety, so this may not be something that a real Prison Officer would have ANY interest in being involved with. However, if there is anyone out there who'd be prepared to answer a few questions regarding the inner workings of prison routine and solitary confinement in particular, either online or on the phone, it would be much appreciated. My email is mmcguchan@gmail.com, my company has a website which is http://www.lividfilms.co.uk.

Thanks for your time.

Matthew

Chili Palmer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Screenwriter seeking advice

Post by Chili Palmer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I can only apologise for the lethargy , indifference , apathy even rudeness of my fellow prison officers for ignoring this topic

They are missing the opportunity to contribute to a great British gangster film following in the traditions of A Long Good Friday and Get Carter to name but two

Is Jason Statham going to take the lead role ?

Perdition
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Perdition » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Have you actually checked his website out Chili? have a look and see if you think a prison officer would want anything like this produced about prisons....

Chili Palmer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Chili Palmer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Perdition wrote:Have you actually checked his website out Chili? have a look and see if you think a prison officer would want anything like this produced about prisons....

Purleeese .... I thought/intended my post to ooze sarcasm from every dot & comma :slwin:

When I read this gem Our script is very much an entertainment of the hard man/punch ups/prison break/crims on the run variety then I couldnt resist taking the vdt

Didnt think for a minute my post would be taken seriously :slbg:

Perdition
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Perdition » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

:slbg: Reading your post again, I am surprised how i missed it! Had my admin head on, in my defence Gov... :sljo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic