PRE FRESH START STAFF

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

User avatar
lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD SOUTH LAKELAND CUMBRIA

PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by lirjo » Thu May 21, 2009 4:31 pm

HI I KEEP HEARING VARIOUS FIGURES , BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY STAFF HAVE BEEN IN THE JOB FOR 22 YEARS OR MORE [ PRE FRESH START ]
AND BEFORE YOU ASK , YES I AM ONE . I LOVE THE JOB NOW BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WILL HAVE 30 YEARS IN NEXT YEAR AND CAN GET OUT :slraz:
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

User avatar
kwakajak
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: midlands

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by kwakajak » Thu May 21, 2009 4:42 pm

what would your advice be to people who are planning to join the service.

User avatar
lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD SOUTH LAKELAND CUMBRIA

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by lirjo » Thu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm

if you want a reasonably well paid job [ eventually ] go for it , if you want to make a difference to society forget it , if you want to make it a solid career leave your morals and ethics at home as it can be dog eat dog to get on . some people say it will drive you mad :slnuts:
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

User avatar
Graeme H
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by Graeme H » Thu May 21, 2009 8:04 pm

I never get a straight answer to this question either...some say hundreds some say less. I am pre fresh start 23 years and counting

User avatar
lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD SOUTH LAKELAND CUMBRIA

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by lirjo » Fri May 22, 2009 6:22 am

hi graeme .. visited durham in mid february the thursday that was almost a white out .. so many older staff now saying for f###s sake pay us off
personally i am easy either way . DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW MANY PRE FRESH START LEFT :slin: :slyw:
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

User avatar
key_man10
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:31 pm
Location: East Midlands
Contact:

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by key_man10 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:22 pm

I joined in 1982
If you can see light at the end of the tunnel........run like f--k, there's a train coming !!!!!

User avatar
lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD SOUTH LAKELAND CUMBRIA

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by lirjo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:24 pm

lirjo wrote:HI I KEEP HEARING VARIOUS FIGURES , BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY STAFF HAVE BEEN IN THE JOB FOR 22 YEARS OR MORE [ PRE FRESH START ]
AND BEFORE YOU ASK , YES I AM ONE . I LOVE THE JOB NOW BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WILL HAVE 30 YEARS IN NEXT YEAR AND CAN GET OUT :slraz:
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

User avatar
Doublecuff
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 pm
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Sacred: 'Mage'
Location: IN CUFFS

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by Doublecuff » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:27 pm

lirjo wrote:if you want a reasonably well paid job [ eventually ] go for it , if you want to make a difference to society forget it , if you want to make it a solid career leave your morals and ethics at home as it can be dog eat dog to get on . some people say it will drive you mad :slnuts:
Where would that be?
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

User avatar
lirjo
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:18 pm
Class: 'Elder Bard'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'
Location: LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD SOUTH LAKELAND CUMBRIA

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by lirjo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 pm

I SPOKE TO PENSIONS DEPT LAST WEEK I AM GIVING THEM 7 MONTHS NOTICE OF RETIREMENT AT 55 AS THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO C##K UP IF GIVEN ONLY 4 MONTHS NOTICE FOR PAYING PENSIONS ON TIME ..

RELIABLY INFORMED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS THE FIGURES TO HAND THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY DOWN TO 1800 PRE FRESH START AND WILL SOON BE LESS WITH THE EXIT PACKAGE ..

ICANT SEE ANY GOOD PACKAGES COMING OUT SO I WILL HACK MY 30 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS [ NOT THOUGH I AM COUNTING ]

STARTING TO LOVE THE JOB NOW - CANT STOP SMILING :slnuts: :D :slraz:
RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ITS NOT A RIGHT OF RANK

Millzer
Registered Member
Registered Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 am

Re: PRE FRESH START STAFF

Post by Millzer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

lirjo wrote:I SPOKE TO PENSIONS DEPT LAST WEEK I AM GIVING THEM 7 MONTHS NOTICE OF RETIREMENT AT 55 AS THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO C##K UP IF GIVEN ONLY 4 MONTHS NOTICE FOR PAYING PENSIONS ON TIME ..

RELIABLY INFORMED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS THE FIGURES TO HAND THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY DOWN TO 1800 PRE FRESH START AND WILL SOON BE LESS WITH THE EXIT PACKAGE ..

ICANT SEE ANY GOOD PACKAGES COMING OUT SO I WILL HACK MY 30 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS [ NOT THOUGH I AM COUNTING ]

STARTING TO LOVE THE JOB NOW - CANT STOP SMILING :slnuts: :D :slraz:
Well i'm one of the 1800 left then, with (not that i'm counting either) less than 4 years to do come next month, just hope the pay & conditions last that long for my pension. Did seriously consider the P/O exit package but ultimately came to the conclusion that it wasnt enough with no enhancement et al, no point giving up 8 years pre-fresh start pension just for doin another 4!!!! Plus too young to retire proper and in the current climate no jobs about 'on the out'

Hope they sort your pension on time and good luck to you lirjo. I hope you get more years pension than you gave service, so that will take you beyond the ripe old age of 95 :slbg:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic