Please answer

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

zebrapjs
Registered Member
Registered Member

Please answer

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:55 pm

I start my training in March at Pentonville. What does training consist off? Are there many people who do not pass the training?

Iam from Manchester therefore i was wondering if the prison service provides accommodation for you or do I just have to sort my own accommodation out. Please can someone confirm this for me as Im being told different things.

Iam looking for a place in North London as Pentonville Prison is in the North too. Can anyone suggest any areas to avoid?

Finally --- any tips before i start the job? is there anything I can do to prepare myself?

Easylife
Elite Legion
Elite Legion
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: Please answer

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 am

training consists of an introduction and principles of the prison service,its aims objectives and obligations.You will have training on securuity ,self harm,diversity(race relations)radio proceedure,inter personal skills ie how do deal with people ,avoid confrontation etc.Control and restraint(CnR) training ,including use of the baton and shield etc.Prison law and powers of arrest.Also first aid .You have to keep a reflective journal ,a diary ,to say what you thought of it all .When i went for training it was men and women ,all ages ,all races,Everybody got on well and enjoyed it. There are many posts on training,equipment,uniform etc ,if you look around the site.
As a Brummie that has worked in London ,i can say that i had few problems ,its better set out than most cities.I lived on the out skirts and travelled in .There are many london based officers on this site ,they will gladly answer your questions in time. Best of luck .
A kite rises higher against the wind,then with it.

Burnlee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:29 am

Read the diaries fella and you gain a vast amount of first hand accurate information of the training.

timroberts
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Drow'

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 am

well im a sarf londoner and have lived north of the river but didnt like it much to be honest.its cheaper south of the river and you get more space,parks etc...compared to north london.its cheaper south of the river as well,north london can be a bit of a 'trendy' area and so is a lot more expensive-i think you might find rents/house prices a bit of a shock coming from manchester!

immediately around pentonville your looking at around £700-800 a month for a one bed flat at the bottom end of the market :slwoot: east of pentonville is probably your best bet as prices drop the further you go east.

also get in touch with the local council regarding key housing and intermediate rents for key workers-you can get about 20% off the normal rent prices for the borough that your prison will be in.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic