Ok now I am REALLY confused

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Bronners
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Ok now I am REALLY confused

Post by Bronners » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi, I am after some opinons!!

Having passed my RAD in May I am still waiting for a fitness test - yes I have chased it but no one will give me any infomation I am just constantly told I will be "emailed in due course". (applied in South West Area)

So I grabbed an oppurtunity recently to apply for an OSG position that came up in my first choice establishment. I got and interview (yay) which went quite well, but have been told I did not get the job. So I requested feedback on my interview (to take on board and use in future) and this is what they said:

"an excellent overall performance, a strong candidate, well motivated to succeed" :slcup:

Errrrr...... :? so why did I not get it???? I did tell them in my appliction form and again at interview that I am somewhere in the RAD system, but thought due to the apparent timescale of things, this would be a good oppurtunity for me to get a good grounding and gain experience.

Any ideas guys? Should I now just give up, if I get declined an OSG position surely that means I won't get in as an officer?? But i have passed my RAD so subject to vetting and fitness I have been accepted, haven't I?????

I am definatly confused.com!!!!!!!!

piglet
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Ok now I am REALLY confused

Post by piglet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Sorry to hear that Bronners, but I don't think it'll make any difference to your app. for Officer. As long as there's no problems with vetting and you pass the fitness, it's just the waiting game :slsad:
Hope you hear something soon

Mash
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Mash » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

It could be to do with the fact your already in the recruitment process for an officer role and they dont want to recruit someone who may be off in 6 months time to then have to re-recruit, I agree with what your saying as to it giving you good grounding but then again the training will do that if your succesful in your application to be an officer.
"Vivere commune est, sed non commune mereri."

bogseatcrusader
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'

Post by bogseatcrusader » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Mash wrote:It could be to do with the fact your already in the recruitment process for an officer role and they dont want to recruit someone who may be off in 6 months time to then have to re-recruit, I agree with what your saying as to it giving you good grounding but then again the training will do that if your succesful in your application to be an officer.
If that was the reason, that would be a tad unfair, as who knows how long anybody would stay in a job? They could recruit someone who is not already in their system who does 1 week and decides it's not for them. I'm sure it must happen at times!

Bronners, are there any more prisons near you that have jobs available? Maybe try for one of those? Good luck!

Bronners
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by Bronners » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks guys. I have just got word today from area office that they have chased up my fitness and I had to call a number I had never been given before to book it! They told me that there had been an error on my file, it was marked as I had been offered dates for fitness back in July but they never sent me the email!!!! Grrrrr!!! Anyway, fitness and medical (which Ihave to re-do as its been so long!!) now booked for 18th Dec!!! YAYAY!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH where did I put my running shoes!????????????? Oh god, I will never be able to prepare for this in 5 weeks!!! Heeelelllllpppp!! :slnuts:

B xx

piglet
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by piglet » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Good news at last then ! You've got plenty of time to train for it....best of luck :slbx:

Satans Mother
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Satans Mother » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Bronners wrote:Thanks guys. I have just got word today from area office that they have chased up my fitness and I had to call a number I had never been given before to book it! They told me that there had been an error on my file, it was marked as I had been offered dates for fitness back in July but they never sent me the email!!!! Grrrrr!!! Anyway, fitness and medical (which Ihave to re-do as its been so long!!) now booked for 18th Dec!!! YAYAY!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH where did I put my running shoes!????????????? Oh god, I will never be able to prepare for this in 5 weeks!!! Heeelelllllpppp!! :slnuts:

B xx
See you there Bronners!!! :slbg: (well ... if you're going to Birmingham!!)
1 in 4 people are mentally unstable, think of 3 friends, if it's not one of them ... it's you!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic