Functional skills on the new apprenticeship

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
KIT85
Registered Member
Registered Member

Functional skills on the new apprenticeship

Post by KIT85 »

Hi all

Anyone on the new apprenticeship? How are you finding it ?

Also if you can evidence you have the ‘functional skills’ for maths and English . What do you do for the 1st week of your course ?

Thanks

Moose77 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Functional skills on the new apprenticeship

Post by Moose77  »

Hi kit.
You should receive an email soonl to join the APTEM website. This is all to do with your apprenticeship, on there you have the option to uoload any evidence that states you have gcse maths or English or the equivalent Iin functional skills 😁

KIT85
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by KIT85 »

Thanks for your reply.

I have my email and I have started working through the initia assessment stuff, which they have recommended . But my question is, I can evidence that I have the qualification so what will I be doing that 1st week instead of the functional skills?

Wondered if anyone has been in the same position?

Thank you !

Lloydy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Lloydy »

Hi,

When you got the phone call to sort out the date they should have asked do you have the right quals in maths and English. If you do, you just start with 2 weeks induction then 8 weeks training. You you don't they do 1 week English the week before and a week at the end of training for maths. This is what was explained to me. I had a but of a nightmare with mine as I only had the statement of results not the official certs but speaking to my poelt manager, he said he was happy with what I had and therefore didn't need to do the functional skills. Best to speak directly to the prison, have you had any contact from them yet? Mine have been unbelievably helpful.

Mitch bird 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Mitch bird  »

Yes Kit85 Lloydy is right if you have your certificates you want have to do the functional skills. I’ve had loads of emails and phone calls from my apprentice coach setting everything up, they have been amazing. They have only had 2 weeks notice for me starting so I think it’s been a little stressful for them. I’m sure you will get lots of emails soon and when you do you can catch to them to sort everything out.

Previous topicNext topic