Vetting - employment history issues

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Francesca98
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Pixie'

Vetting - employment history issues

Post by Francesca98 »

Hey,
I recently passed my medical and fitness.
My vetting started the 25/05/2021 (when I handed it in)
However, on here i see people have failed their vetting... which is worry for me, as I have I 4 references from current and previous workplaces to get back for me.
However, one work place has closed down and my old manager had left me on read when I asked, even though I put her details as she has always said she would help.. but in my additional notes I added that the place closed down so you may not get in contact with them, but I put her number and details anyway (hoping there would be some sort of help if contacted via phone number)

I do worry I’ll fail for reference as for 1/2 I only have given numbers (including the closed down place). But I’ve just asked for a email off an old boss so I’ll probably send it via the email.

Anyone else have a stressful time with references and share their experiences? I really don’t want my job to depend on my last work places with references.. 😂😭

would they contact you first for more information on the references person before they fail you?

kingofthekippax 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Vetting - employment history issues

Post by kingofthekippax  »

As long as your dates match with the HMRC records you will be fine, they only contact employers if they don't.
:sley: Happyness is door shaped

HMPPS Prison Officer since April 2020

Tia 
Official Member
Official Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Tia  »

In my case there wasn't a lot to vet. I've been self employed for 14 years and work alone and all my previous employers don't exist anymore. I thought this would be an issue too but it came back fine. As the previous poster said, if it's more down to HMRC records matching up then I'm sure you'll be fine. The only reference I gave was my husbands manager and it was a few questions asking things such as how long he'd known me and in what capacity, can he confirm I am who I say I am. Nothing to do with working alongside me as we never have.

bilko13
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by bilko13 »

none of my references were contacted at all and ive started the apprenticeship , just doing the english now

Previous topicNext topic