POELT Joining instructions

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

DADL
Class: 'Archer'

POELT Joining instructions

Post by DADL »

Hello all,

Firstly hello, this site has been a great use to me throughout the application process since November, however, this is the first time the site has let me register :slby: :slby: :slby:

I have my start date and contract signed and have been put on the new C&D Apprenticeship. When I received my email titled POELT joining instructions I opened the attachment which is a word document and all of the links within the attachment do not work. Links for info about APTEM etc. Was this the same for anyone else? I emailed priority recruitment and they just sent me the same file again. Its not a big problem as I know the main things, when and where to be but would have liked to read up about everything else also.

Cheers guys

Fleets28 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: POELT Joining instructions

Post by Fleets28  »

Hiya my links didn’t work either but I still haven’t received the email with the log in details got APTEM so hopefully when that comes through the link will work

Carbon 
Counsellor
Counsellor
Examiner: XIII

Post by Carbon  »

Apprenticeships are currently suspended. I believe they will recommence firstly in the north west regions but a date is yet to be clarified. However, I've not had access to work emails for the last three weeks due to leave and working away so a date may have been set. When is your start date and what area will you be training in?

Fleets28 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Fleets28  »

Thanks for the reply Carbon

My start date is the end of June in the south :)

Carbon 
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by Carbon  »

In that case you will be doing the POELT course and not the apprenticeship. Unless I hear anything different on Monday when I'm back in.

Fleets28 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Fleets28  »

Thanks for letting me know. My joining instructions do say the apprenticeship so if you hear different it would be great if you could let me know :)

Carbon 
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by Carbon  »

I'm fairly certain as I'm a trainer in the South East and I think one of my colleagues would have let me know. 😉

DADL

Post by DADL »

My establishment is In The north but I will be travelling to Stocken for training at the start of July. All my paperwork says apprenticeship but you never know eh!

MissNoName 
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by MissNoName  »

How long after your start date call did you receive this email?
I've had my start date call 7 days ago and heard nothing since
Applied - 06/12/20
Passed online tests - 23/12/20
VARC - 19/02/21
Passed VARC - 22/02/21
Conditional offer - 21/03/21
Vetting started - 01/04/21
Fitness and Medical Passed - 07/04/21

DADL

Post by DADL »

I waited just over 2 weeks for any kind of contact or confirmation after I got my start date call. Everything finally came through 2 days before I had to hand my months notice in at work.

MissNoName 
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by MissNoName  »

Ah that makes me feel better! I was going to give them a call on Monday but I will wait a little longer in that case :)
Applied - 06/12/20
Passed online tests - 23/12/20
VARC - 19/02/21
Passed VARC - 22/02/21
Conditional offer - 21/03/21
Vetting started - 01/04/21
Fitness and Medical Passed - 07/04/21

DADL

Post by DADL »

No harm in giving them a call, ring priority recruitment instead of sscl though. They are the ones who actually deal with sending your contract ect. The number is 01633 632600. If you ring sscl then they just email priority recruitment on your behalf, best to speak to them yourself! I rang them and they sent my contract over within 30 mins. I think you have to ring them Monday to Friday though. :slnote:

Asator

Post by Asator »

DADL wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:39 am No harm in giving them a call, ring priority recruitment instead of sscl though. They are the ones who actually deal with sending your contract ect. The number is 01633 632600. If you ring sscl then they just email priority recruitment on your behalf, best to speak to them yourself! I rang them and they sent my contract over within 30 mins. I think you have to ring them Monday to Friday though. :slnote:
Hi DADL, how long did it take for you to get through to prioirty recruitment? I'm having no luck at all! :slbli:

Carbon 
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by Carbon  »

Update, apprenticeships are recommencing in the North and Midlands next month. South not until the autumn at present.

Newbie96

Post by Newbie96 »

Carbon wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm Update, apprenticeships are recommencing in the North and Midlands next month. South not until the autumn at present.
Hey Carbon, I'm starting the 14th in the west Midlands on the Custodial Care National Vocational Diploma programme. Is this is apprenticeship programme?