Is it possible to change home establishment before training?

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Asator

Is it possible to change home establishment before training?

Post by Asator »

To keep it brief, I will be having my "call" on monday to arrange my start date as I have passed fitness and vetting etc. My personal circumstances are changing at the moment and it got me wondering, if it is possible to transfer to another prison before I've started my induction and of course training?

I imagine that my best bet would be to call the recruitment team, but was curious if anyone on the forum had any experience or had just heard of this happening before?

Thank you in advance, any help would be really appreciated :slbg:

londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Is it possible to change home establishment before training?

Post by londonlad81 »

Have you accepted the position on your portal? Contact Priory recruitment and ask. Before I started,Priory recruitment rang me late one evening and offered me the job, with a start date and training date. The lady then emailed me all the information afterwards.
Remember that they have already made arrangements with your prison for you to start there, changing your establishment might not be that easy.

Buzzkill187
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Buzzkill187 »

Hi

I'm in a very similar situation although I'm still in vetting.. was supposed to be moving to area of prison I've applied to but thats fell through. So was going to apply to a more local one

After speaking to recruitment I've been told that each prison does its own vetting so as far as I'm aware you'd have to reapply for that and health and fitness tests are only good for six months so depending on when you did those you may need to do them again. I was told it is possible to transfer if a vacancy arise after 6 months

Asator

Post by Asator »

Hi guys and thanks for getting back to me.

Fortunately, I'm not in a position where I absolutley have to move. So given that I'd have to go through vetting all over again, I think I won't bother! This process is bloody long enough as it is! :slaN:

Previous topicNext topic