Training at Stocken

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
KIT85

Training at Stocken

Post by KIT85 »

Hi everyone this is my first post
I’ve got my start date for my 2 weeks at my local prison. And then I move on to Stocken for my 8 week training. Anyone else trained here ?
What’s it like? Will the accommodation be close by/on site?
Any help and advice welcome

Lolat

Re: Training at Stocken

Post by Lolat »

Hello,

Stocken training is in a it’s own centre right before the prison itself. There will probably be your group and one other as it’s quite small and can’t accommodate lots of people. There’s a breakout area and toilets but food/accommodation isn’t available on site so you’ll have to arrange that yourself. The mentors are great and you’ll have loads of fun.

C4l27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by C4l27 »

Hi Kit.

When do you start the 8 weeks training? I am also training at the same location.

I take it by the enquiry about accom you’re residential too?

KIT85

Post by KIT85 »

Hey start date at Stocken is 16/08 and yeah I will be residential too as I don’t currently drive.
What’s your start date ?
Do you know anything about accommodation yet ?

KIT85

Post by KIT85 »

Lolat wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:56 pm Hello,

Stocken training is in a it’s own centre right before the prison itself. There will probably be your group and one other as it’s quite small and can’t accommodate lots of people. There’s a breakout area and toilets but food/accommodation isn’t available on site so you’ll have to arrange that yourself. The mentors are great and you’ll have loads of fun.
Thank you for your reply! Did you train here ?
Is accommodation close by? Walking distance ? As I don’t drive . Who organises the accommodation too ? Do we pay then claim back ?
Thanks

Lemmy

Post by Lemmy »

I start training at Stocken on 05/07/21 and I'm traveling 150 miles to get there so definitely residential and needing accommodation. I believe your establishment sorts out the accommodation for you during your first introduction week, however, that's just something I read so could be wrong, would be nice to know in advance though!

Lolat

Post by Lolat »

Someone on my course stayed in pub-like accommodation and wasn’t too far I think within 5 miles. If you don’t drive you could get taxi in and I believe you can claim it back under public transport- speak with your management hub. You could also arrange for someone on your course to pick/drop you off if it’s literally round the corner. The accommodation will be arranged and paid for by your establishment each week so liaise with them. The food itself you’ll have to buy yourself and claim it each day or at the end of the week- your allowance is around £25/day.
Hope that helps :slbg:

Previous topicNext topic