Security Query

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Security Query

Post by PrimalPrincess  »

One of the random thoughts passing thru my head & wondering how you navigate certain situations 🤔

So ... you're at your prison & suddenly see there's a new inmate that you recognise. Maybe you go to the same gym, live on the same road, a parent from the school your children go to etc. How do you protect your own safety in that situation? They could just go "hey, seen you about" but could also be more like "you live at number ..." or "your kid's friends with mine at ... primary school"

Information you would otherwise keep locked up is now potentially common knowledge ...

Hoping I don't face this but would like a sort of game-plan should it arise you know

Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Hervoice

Re: Security Query

Post by Chez32  »

I would immediately make senior officers or line manager ect of the issue as you or them would be more than likely be moved for security reasons ect something definitely I’d like to know

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

That's what I'm thinking too ... something you need to have known to superiors asap

Wouldn't want my security compromised even if the person in question doesn't mean any harm ... another inmate could use the information against you etc

Barkingmad 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Barkingmad  »

So at my prison you must go straight to the Corruption Team and they will assess your situation and determine the risk of you being on the same wing.

They will decide whether to move you or him or if the risk is low, possibly not do anything but monitor the situation.

But yeah you must go straight to the Corruption Team
Applied: 21/10/2020
ARC: 27/11
Offer: 30/12
Vetting Started: 3/1/2021
Vetting Passed: 10/2/2021
Start Date: 4/05/2021
POELT Start: 17/05/2021

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Ok good to know, sure it's something I'll have explained when I start

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Last thing I'd want is my personal information shared around a wing ... security nightmare right there

Taff86 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Zulus

Post by Taff86  »

Yea speak to your security managers, and put in a IR (intelligence report) they will ask you how well you know that person and will it cause any issues. The prisoner will be shipped on to another prison if any big issues.

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Thanks, one of the many things I'll find out very soon I'm sure

bradders84
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by bradders84 »

Good question this. i have recently found out that a dad of one of my sons friends in school is currently at my prison of choice. i havent got a start date or anything yet but this is genuinely something i have been thinking about. i dont know him but obviously seen each other at drop offs etc

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Things like that are potential security issues to ourselves ... suppose it can make an inmate worry too cause like in your case this dad might be upset that he recognises you & you'll know his offences etc

Obviously not something you'd ever discuss on the playground but still

Lay19 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Lay19  »

They will go through all these scenarios when you start so don’t worry

A few on my training have had to put in IRs or conflict of interests for similar reasons

The establishment just expect you to be honest when these things crop up

PrimalPrincess 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Makes sense

Thepower 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Thepower  »

If you work at a local cat B it's likely to happen, I started off in a cat B inner city jail and it happened to me a few times first time I went to the security gaffer who told me it's pretty much to be expected, however when I transferred out to a cat C it didn't happen to me once,

I've been out the game for a few years now and I'd assume its still the same process, complete an MIR (IR) and discuss immediately with your security SO or Governor if it is gonna cause any major issues.

Previous topicNext topic