Starting training on the 14th june

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

C4l27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Re: Starting training on the 14th june

Post by C4l27 »

Sorry to jump on the post. I still have no idea how to start my own topic, haha! Proper novice.

I was wondering if anyone is starting their POELT at Oakham on the 21st June?

Again apologies for jumping on the post.

Cheers 👌🏼

MissNoName 
Official Member
Official Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by MissNoName  »

C4l27 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:17 am Sorry to jump on the post. I still have no idea how to start my own topic, haha! Proper novice.

I was wondering if anyone is starting their POELT at Oakham on the 21st June?

Again apologies for jumping on the post.

Cheers 👌🏼
Hi,
go to the bottom of this page and under similar topics it will say return to 'ask a prison officer', press that and it will take you to the main page. And just above topics and under your profile information you will have an icon 'new topic'. Hope that helps.
Create your own topic and hopefully you find someone doing POELT with you
Applied - 06/12/20
Passed online tests - 23/12/20
VARC - 19/02/21
Passed VARC - 22/02/21
Conditional offer - 21/03/21
Vetting started - 01/04/21
Fitness and Medical Passed - 07/04/21

Lloydy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Lloydy »

Yeah please do C4l27 because I live 10 mins away from Oakham and I'm interested in where I'll be starting my training. All I have so far is the fitness in Rugby in a couple of weeks.

Justgoforit
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Justgoforit »

Labgurl1993 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:10 pm Hello hope all well

I've confirmed my contract 😊. I'm on the apprenticeship programme who else is at Nottingham hmp for training on the 14th June? Be good to see who else there 😊

Hi Labgurl,

I hope you don’t mind me asking.. have they said what the other is for the apprenticeship training? And also do you stay on that pay for the full length of the apprenticeship or not?

I have passed the medical and my portal says we shall contact you soon.

Thanks

Labgurl1993 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Labgurl1993  »

Hi

I don't know about the pay I think we can sign a 41 hour contract while in training. I have to do my math and English again as didn't get a c or above in gcse's

Lay19 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Lay19  »

So at my establishment you start on the 37 hour contract this will be what you are paid throughout your training

For us - may differ in other places- they aren’t allowing us to request to increase hours until after training. Although everyone has said to wait a few months to make sure you enjoy it before signing up for 41 hours, but it’s down to personal preference

Carbon 
Counsellor
Counsellor
Examiner: XIII

Post by Carbon  »

You will not be able to move to a 39 or 41 hour contract until you go live. However, if that is your intention, let your poelt mentor know beforehand.

Hello123

Post by Hello123 »

[mrow][/mrow]Hi everyone!

Abit late to the party, im also officially starting on the 14th of June. I do 2 weeks induction at my home prison, then I go to HMP belmarsh for the 8 weeks foundation training. Anyone else going to HMP belmarsh?

I also don't have a grade C in maths, when do you sit your functional skills tests? I haven't heard anything since receiving my contract, and training information

Hello123

Post by Hello123 »

I have also been enrolled onto the custodial care national vocational diploma Programme? Is this the apprenticeship?

I have seen in previous posts that the apprenticeship has been suspended in the South untill autum/winter this year ?

Labgurl1993 
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Labgurl1993  »

Hi so your on the diploma so your not on the apprenticeship you would of been given a date by now if was on Apprenticeship for functional skills hope that helps

Hello123

Post by Hello123 »

Hi

Ohhh okay I see, I didn't know there was two difference courses ? I thought I was doing the apprenticeship? It's all abit confusing. I'm sure I'll find out more in my 2 weeks induction.

Thank you