Compassionate Transfer

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Sanditoes

Compassionate Transfer

Post by Sanditoes »

Hello Everyone,

a bit of back story, i transferred from a YO prison in kent that was shut down to a YO london prison. Since my transfer in April 2020 conditions have worsened, with my fiancée’s health declining, my eldest daughter’s behaviour deteriorating and the impact this is all now starting to have on my mental health, after careful consideration of everything that may be offered at my current establishment in order to support me, I feel that my only course of action would be to request a compassionate transfer, the prisons will be requesting are all within 10 minuets commute from my home and my eldest’s school. This would enable me to spend more time with my daughter improving my effectiveness as a father and make it easier to support and care for my fiancée with her health. Prior to the transfer in April, this was not an issue. I wanted some advise.

DrTadWinslow
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Compassionate Transfer

Post by DrTadWinslow »

Honestly mate, if you believe that's the best course for you to follow then don't be afraid to follow your heart. Speak to your line manager, and inform them of the circumstances, and I'm sure they will understand your reason for wanting to transfer.

Sanditoes

Re: Compassionate Transfer

Post by Sanditoes »

My line manager is aware of my home circumstances and the res gov is also aware of my partners health issues. just wanted some advise on whether these seem for grounds for a compassionate

Previous topicNext topic