Safeguarding procedures

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
TrueBlueAngel
Registered Member
Registered Member

Safeguarding procedures

Post by TrueBlueAngel »

I'm a nurse hoping to join the prison service and have an interview tomorrow. I know about safeguarding and what to do in normal circumstances if I were in a hospital or care home but I don't know the procedure or in what incidents might produce a safeguarding. Would any officers here be kind enough to just give me a brief outline of safeguarding s within a prison please?
Thanks

ApplePie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Safeguarding procedures

Post by ApplePie »

The best public information I've found on procedures in prisons is the officially published documents: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prison-serv ... tions-psis

The most relevant one for you is this one covering safeguarding procedures: Keeping adult prisoners safe: PSI 16/2015 - Guidelines for prisons on protecting and safeguarding adult prisoners from abuse and neglect.

But there are documents on everything, I've read through a lot of them because they're really useful for someone who has no experience of the prison system. From stuff like how the prison shops work to how to manage prisoners who are actively trying to escape and could plausibly shoot their way out of an armed convoy.

TrueBlueAngel
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Safeguarding procedures

Post by TrueBlueAngel »

Thankyou, that's really helpful.

Previous topicNext topic