Residential Training Question

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Tia 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Residential Training Question

Post by Tia  »

Hi all,

I've read a few posts regarding residential stay during the first two weeks of training. Is this correct and is it expected? I suppose it depends on travel distance but I didn't think about this at the start and would be grateful if anyone had any information on this so I have an idea of what to expect.
Thanks.

Chez32  Online
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Hervoice
Top poster of the Month

Re: Residential Training Question

Post by Chez32  »

The first two weeks are at you home establishment where you have applied for. The next 8 weeks is at training centre if it can’t be close to home then yes it’s residential Monday to Friday. Accommodation is provided.

ApplePie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ApplePie »

You don't get accommodation in the weeks when you're at your prison because that's where you'll be working.

Tia 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Tia  »

Thank you for your replies.

I hope that I'm in a training centre close to home, not sure how I'm going to arrange being away from home for 10 weeks. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Chez32  Online
Committee Member
Committee Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

Tia this is my thoughts I mean I have a back up if needs be and I have to go but I would much rather I didn’t have to! Just not wanting to go away from my children for that long x

Tia 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Tia  »

That's what I'm thinking Chez. It's a long time to be away from my children. It's frustrating that we're not provided with a list of training centres so we have at least some idea of what may be ahead. If the 10 week training is where I'll be doing my fitness test then it's around a 50 minute drive which isn't the worst I guess. I'd rather do that than be away from my kids Mon-Fri for 10 weeks.

Chez32  Online
Committee Member
Committee Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

Yeah I’ve heard there is two training centres near me so I’m hoping I get one of them or the other is 4 hour drive xx

Chickenwing 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

Post by Chickenwing  »

My training centre is a 2 hour train journey (I don’t drive) each way. Someone on here posted not too long ago about getting their POELT actually at my establishment, in my city, starting only the week after me..?!! I’m actually so annoyed that there’s a training course starting at my prison this month and for some reason I’m being sent halfway down the country for mine 😂😂
27/10- Applied
29/11- Arc
23/12- Resubmitted documentation/placed on Merit list
20/01- Conditional offer/vetting began
22/02- Vetting completed
04/03- The call
19/04- Start date

ApplePie
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ApplePie »

Chickenwing wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:45 am My training centre is a 2 hour train journey (I don’t drive) each way. Someone on here posted not too long ago about getting their POELT actually at my establishment, in my city, starting only the week after me..?!! I’m actually so annoyed that there’s a training course starting at my prison this month and for some reason I’m being sent halfway down the country for mine 😂😂
I know it's so ridiculous, why are we getting sent away to train while people from other prisons train at ours 😂

But the prison we'll be training at will at least be better since it's high security. They'll follow the rules more closely, have better procedures and have more interesting prisoners like E-listers so we'll learn how to do it all properly.

Previous topicNext topic