YJW

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

YJW

Post by DARKVADOR »

Hi,

Just received my YJW result but unfortunately i was unsuccesful. Does any one know if the decision can be appealed?
It also says that my result will last for 6 months, Does that mean i cannot re-apply during the next six months?
Thanks
DARKVADOR
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: YJW

Post by JCOX4 »

Why would you appeal failing the interview and role plays? Would you appeal the decision if you failed an interview somewhere else ie Sainsbury’s?
The reason you appeal a decision on something is because you have information that could influence a change in that decision, or you feel there is something that has been missed or if you feel you have been treated unfairly.
I struggle to see why you would appeal a decision to say you have not displayed the right behaviours to be a prison officer.

I would suggest do some more research on the role, work on your behaviours that are communicated to you on your pre arc information portal and if possible try and put them into practice in your day to day life and current role (if applicable) then try again in 6 months.
You could always try write in and ask for the reasons why you failed or for some specific feedback so you can target your self development for next time.

J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice