Starting soon..

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Jaybo1

Starting soon..

Post by Jaybo1 »

So I’m starting at the end of March, I’m curious as to what the 2 weeks at establishment involve?
I understand we go for training for 8 weeks after the 2 weeks
Is there any contact with prisoners in the first 2 weeks? Surely not because we aren’t trained, however, what could we possibly be doing for 2 weeks?

Very intrigued as can’t find out anywhere. I’m assuming it’s mostly admin, being shown around, setting up logins and stuff like that. 2 weeks still seems like a long time though
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Starting soon..

Post by Martin »

Yep I was wondering just that will be interesting to hear.
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Spear0 »

From what I've heard and this is only speculation that you do have to do as above but are also on the landings communicating with others and generally getting used to the environment, however as I said this is only speculation and I may be way off. I start mid march and literally can't wait, I will update if I remember as I'm sure there will be alot for me to take in.
Big_Mac

Post by Big_Mac »

Hello,

On your first day you will meet your POELT mentor, uniform collection, security key talk, tour of the establishment etc

From your second day you will have access to civilian/OSG keys (same as officers except there is no cell key) and you will shadow an officer in your area of work, observing wing duties.

You are be in close proximity with prisoners and will be expected to jump in if an officer is being assaulted, no your not C&R trained but is allowed under common law.
Jaybo1

Post by Jaybo1 »

Thankyou, I was worried I’d be shielded in an office doing admin stuff for 2 weeks!

Sounds great, can’t wait to start
Previous topicNext topic