Poelt Training

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
PlantPot

Poelt Training

Post by PlantPot »

Hello everyone!

I was hoping to speak to people who are starting or currently doing their Poelt training. What course are you on, diploma or apprenticeship? Are you residental or travelling everyday?

Any information would be amazing, not only for me but for everyone who is hoping to start their training in 2021.
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Poelt Training

Post by Spear0 »

Hi, I'm starting my POELT at the end of march, its 8 weeks and I'm going to Newbold! Cant wait! I'm south UK so its residential for me.
Clem
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Clem »

I'm doing a diploma and I start training on March 8th. The training they are doing is at a prison and not newbold due to covid, but I think it depends on were you applied and what area you live im travelling 9 miles everyday which is ok (bellmarsh) for training and the prison i appled for it pentonville
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Thank you for your response! I'd take driving miles every day!
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

How does it work? Do they give you options or do they only give you what's available ?
Big_Mac

Post by Big_Mac »

I had an option of training in a hotel and the prison in that location being my training prison and then go to my home establishment? I said I would rather train at my home prison, so I could become acquainted with the other POELT’S
Previous topicNext topic