VARC email missed

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Brijay638

VARC email missed

Post by Brijay638 »

Good afternoon

Been lurking a few weeks now. Applied for Prison Officer job at Wymott and Preston a few months ago.
Did the Skyrise City etc and then been waiting a month or so to hear more. First few weeks i was checking every day. Since then its been once a week or so.

Well today ive checked emails and noticed 2 emails in my junk folder asking me to update my Right to Work and ID within 3 days.

Its now 6 days since that email. Ive gone onto my application centre and the application has now been withdrawn.

Ive rang SSCL and explained and shes said she will "try" to get it updated to allow me to submit my documents and book a VARC but she cant guarantee as i missed the deadline.

Seems a bit unfair ive waited 6 weeks for a reply off them yet they give me three days :sloo:
Just hoping she succeeds. Anyone have any kind of similar issue at all as been hoping to do this career for years and finally seen applications being accepted near me. So wouldhateto lose out thanks to an email mishap :(

Cheers
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: VARC email missed

Post by Bearguy »

Ah that’s a tough one to take like !!!!

I hope you can get some resolution to this as it would be a travesty if good people lose out.

I remember reading somewhere that you should also check junk email folders for any correspondence 😬
londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 »

I’m afraid SSCL aren’t very helpful...!
Brijay638

Post by Brijay638 »

Well to be fair ive mithered them friday monday and tuesday, rang twice on each day just stating same issue and theyve just kept saying they will escalate it but cant guarantee. Yet today i have recieved a text and the portal has reopened to me allowing me to upload my right to work and book my varc

VARC booked for feb 23rd :)
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Phew I bet that’s a weight lifted off your shoulders now!
Good luck with your VARC
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Best of luck 👍🏻, easy peasy
Previous topicNext topic