Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Spear0 »

Martin wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 am So out of the blue got a call Saturday afternoon with my start date of March 15th.Really looking forward and excited to get started.
Is that your start date or your training date? My start date is the 15th of march and then at newbold 2 weeks later. Where is you POELT?
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

So I do my 2 weeks at my establishment starting 15th March then 8 weeks at another place close to where I live I'm outer London
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Taff86 »

First 2 weeks is at your establishment for induction unless they say otherwise, after those 2 weeks, you start your training
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

Yep that's how I understood it
Taff86
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Taff86 »

That's the perfect world scenario, you may have 1 week. I had 1 and a half days and no shadowing week 😂
Es6fee

Post by Es6fee »

Hi, new member here so first post! My mum has a criminal record and has been in prison before (only a short term sentence and was released early for good behaviour etc.)

Will this affect my vetting process?

Might be worth noting I’ve applied and received a conditional offer for a male prison.

Thank you for any help you can offer, this is all I’ve ever wanted to do so if it impacts me negatively I’ll be devastated. Thank you for any advice :)
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

Well I've just gone through the vetting process and wasn't asked anything about family history so I don't think it will have a impact Good Luck
Es6fee

Post by Es6fee »

Thank you! On my pre-employment checks I’ve filled in the forms and it asks about prisoner relationships so I’ve filled it in obviously better to be honest straight away.

I’ve emailed the enquiries email address but no hope yet but I’m losing sleep over this :(
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

Fri hoe I understood it would only be a problem if they were currently in the prison you was applying for. But you hit the nail on the head it’s best to be honest this seems to be the most important issue with applications
Es6fee

Post by Es6fee »

Exactly! Thank you 🙂 fingers crossed it’s just a precautionary thing and it’ll be fine because I’ve said it straight up 🙂
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

My status has changed to “we will contact you shortly to let you know the next stage in the process” - this was just after it had been referred for a decision
Is this good news?
If anyone else has had this, what was the next thing that happened?
Not sure whether I’m looking out for a phone call, status update, email etc
Spear0
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Spear0 »

Jaybo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:52 pm My status has changed to “we will contact you shortly to let you know the next stage in the process” - this was just after it had been referred for a decision
Is this good news?
If anyone else has had this, what was the next thing that happened?
Not sure whether I’m looking out for a phone call, status update, email etc
This usually means your through vetting and expect a phone call in the next few days/weeks to arrange a start date. I had an email through to book my start date call. Let us know when you start mate!
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

Cheers, hopefully will find out soon and let you know
Barkingmad
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Barkingmad »

Yeah I had the email as well! Mine was about 2 weeks after my notification changed on the portal so hopefully not to long for you now
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

My portal has finally changed again back to your application is currently going through pre employment checks and has been referred for a decision this 2md time it done this now dos that mean it's nearly done or how long did people wait before getting the call?
Previous topicNext topic