Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Barkingmad2

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Barkingmad2 »

So my vetting from start to now is 5 weeks exactly today! Obviously everyone’s circumstance is different and it does look like they’re getting through it quickly but I honestly wouldn’t keep checking all the time as it will drive you mad.
I stopped checking until the day I looked and it said “we will contact you”.
It’s like constantly checking the time makes time seem slower.

Vetting can take 12 weeks. You won’t be notified if it changes to “we will contact you”, but then that doesn’t matter as you will be contacted to book a call time, if this is how they’re doing to now.

You’ve just got to breath and chill, your time will come
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Thank you barkingmad it is hard sometimes and your right it makes you feel like time is really dragging. Wow 5 weeks is really good I think I'm 4 weeks in now.

Just checked and this is the update

Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks. If we require additional information from yourself with regards to the above we will advise you of this and request you provide the additional information

But also wondering once training is over do we go to our chosen prison the week after or is that a waiting process for them to let us know.
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Yeah so that was what mine was like throughout the whole thing until it changed to “we will contact you shortly”.
It seems to vary depending on the individual and the prison as to what wording you get on the portal.

From what I’ve read you go straight into the prison once you’ve finished training, so there is no waiting time between finishing and starting except for maybe a day off.

Obviously would be easier for someone who has been in that part to clarify
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

That's reassuring thank you sorry for all the questions.

That's good about going straight in as it helps me sort out my daughters childcare I did read somewhere you get I think 8 month rota in your training which is ideal aswell.

Are you excited about your training?
Barkingmad2

Post by Barkingmad2 »

Haha it’s ok! This is why this forum is so useful because you can find the answers to almost everything

Yeah I can’t wait. I’m nervous in the sense of new job butterflies but I know that’ll go as soon as I walk in on my first day. But I’m very excited to finally do something and start my journey in trying to help rehabilitate offenders and reduce reoffending.

How are you feeling about training once you get the big yes?
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

I'm really excited a little nervous but mostly really excited to get the big yes.
Lay19

Post by Lay19 »

Labgurl1993
I had the same email update as you, It came a few days after taking my fitness test so I just assumed they were updating my application with the result

I’m only 3 weeks into vetting so a long wait still for me. Trying not to check my portal all the time as it’s killing me :)
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Lay19 same its so hard ain't it but I just found out I put I was insolvent so they emailed to ask more info but I mistakenly put yes when I should have put no so had to email them now waiting for their reply.
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Ok iv had a strange one this morning for a week now my stays has said we will contact you shortly for the next stages of your recruiting process as I had already been in vetting for 4 weeks.
Now it’s changed to
Due to social distancing restrictions, we are unable to invite you to an assessment centre, we will be inviting you to attend a video interview. Further details on this will be provided within your invite.
I’m so confused this is as if it’s inviting me to a varc has anyone else had this. I thought I was just waiting for the call
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

That's a odd message never had anything like that. I've emailed them as I stupidly out I was insolvent misread the question does anyone know how long until they reply to emails?
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Iv literally just had the text and email to book my call so everything is good
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

Congratulations what region have you applied for I'm outer London and mines been at the stage you was at for just over a week
Dobs

Post by Dobs »

Martin iv applied for West Midlands. Had a really weird message on my portal this morning as I stated above but then the text came through this afternoon so I doubt you will have long to wait now bud
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

Thanks and good luck with your training
Martin
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Martin »

So out of the blue got a call Saturday afternoon with my start date of March 15th.Really looking forward and excited to get started.
Previous topicNext topic