Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Bearguy »

As a rule, I would say to anyone on here not to reveal their exact establishment, you never know who is monitoring these boards (officers, convicts).

Everyone has a choice though, if they wish to exercise the right to say where they are/will be based.
Pollypocket
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Pollypocket »

Bearguy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am As a rule, I would say to anyone on here not to reveal their exact establishment, you never know who is monitoring these boards (officers, convicts).

Everyone has a choice though, if they wish to exercise the right to say where they are/will be based.
Couldn’t agree more @ Bearguy.
We’re all here to help and support each other, along our journey (I’m so bloody grateful to have found this forum) however “specifics pertaining to individual establishment” should be kept private, just for our own sakes ....
Applied ~ 10/20
V~ Arc 01/21
Conditional Offer ~ 02/21
Fitness Test ~ 03/21 (Passed)
Previously Prison Vetted ~ (exp Feb 2024)
Currently @ “we are conducting Pre-Employment Checks”
stage
Im a drama Queen with a 9 year Probation background :slraz:
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Like I say, it’s personal choice, but I have been told by several sources not to give too much away.
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

I agree also... is it ok to ask about car parking for staff though?

Just makes the job unsustainable if parking is either chargeable or limited (so impossible).
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by spacegeneral  »

Hey guys, I just wanted to update you on my case :) After the message changed on justice job about 5 days ago, they sent me an email this evening to ask me to book my ''Call''. I took the earliest slot possible of course because I'm an impatient woman and I will know when I start on Monday !
Saying that I can't stay in place is an euphemism :slbg:
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

So happy for you congratulations.
C4l27
Rookie Member

Post by C4l27 »

Bearguy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am As a rule, I would say to anyone on here not to reveal their exact establishment, you never know who is monitoring these boards (officers, convicts).

Makes total sense. Can never be too careful!

So, my portal has changed from; currently going through pre-employment checks to we will contact you shortly regarding the next stage of the recruitment process.

Am I one stop closer to that precious start date?

Cheers in advance :slbg:
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by spacegeneral  »

Labgurl1993 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:26 pm So happy for you congratulations.
Thank you LabGurl!!
Chez1

Post by Chez1 »

Barkingmad wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:23 pm I started my vetting 3 weeks ago. Last week I was notified I passed my Counter Terrorism and NS check, but still waiting on the rest of my vetting to be completed.
Has anyone else passed certain things early, but still waited for the rest of it?
Yes this is what happened to me then my changed to referred for decision then back to pre employment checks in process again. I’ve done everything but my fitness test which is on Thursday
Es6fee 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Es6fee  »

Hi! Hope OP doesn’t mind me replying to their comment I can’t figure out how to make one of my own :slhehe:

Passed my Fitness test on 3/3/2021, vetting has now changed from ‘your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, and has been referred for a decision’ to ‘we shall be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process’ ...

Does this mean I have passed/failed the vetting or does it just do this? I have a family member who has served a custodial sentence and although I declared it on forms I’m scared to get excited?

Thanks in advance guys :D
Jason95
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jason95 »

Officially on the vetting train! Details all filled in yesterday, fitness test booked for the end of April. Lets hope vetting is a fairly quick process although i appreciate that probably wont be the case ha! Cant wait!
PolaR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by PolaR »

Same in here, filled all pre-employment info needed, the only thing that I am awaiting for them to ask is my overseas criminal checks but I actually was prepared for this so I’ve applied for those before even I knew I’ve passed my ARC to have it all rewdy for when then’ll ask 😂

Hopefully it will all go smooth for you Jason and congrats on booking your fitness so soon!
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by spacegeneral  »

Es6fee wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:25 pm Hi! Hope OP doesn’t mind me replying to their comment I can’t figure out how to make one of my own :slhehe:

Passed my Fitness test on 3/3/2021, vetting has now changed from ‘your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, and has been referred for a decision’ to ‘we shall be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process’ ...

Does this mean I have passed/failed the vetting or does it just do this? I have a family member who has served a custodial sentence and although I declared it on forms I’m scared to get excited?

Thanks in advance guys :D
I believe that means you passed :) congratulations!
Es6fee 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Es6fee  »

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed as could really do with some good news :slbg:
Chez32 
Executive Member
Executive Member
Sacred: 'Dragoon'
Group Leader: Hervoice
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

Spear0 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:13 pm Hi mate, mine changed to this and then back to pre employment checks, if you look at the 'track your application's you will see that it goes for a baseline decision and then back to checks then for a final decision. Hope this helps and all the best!
Mine has done this did you pass vetting? I’m desperate to find out! I have nothing outstanding just waiting for the go ahead with vetting! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Previous topicNext topic