Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Hi raz

No there should be some forms to fill out about current employment a personal reference as well check your portal on communication mine was in there
raz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by raz »

Hi Labgurl

My OH Questionnaire got sent out after the the reference forms that you initially fill in, it should be in your emails.

Try searching your email box for alerts@myohportal.co.uk

Thanks

Raz
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Hi raz

I filled that in a week before my fitness test 😊
raz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by raz »

Nice!

Well in that case I am guessing that will be one of the documents the vetting team has received to say you have been deferred for a decision.
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Thank you I may ring and ask as that was 2 months ago my form and test just eager to start work now
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

Hi im returning to the uk next month and i want to apply. I would need to get a criminal record certificate from the country ive been living in.
Does anyone know if it would be okay if i obtained it the day before i leave the country to return to the uk? Any advice would help guys. Thanks
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by spacegeneral  »

Hi all, my profile on justice jobs has changed and now says
We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

Is that good news ? I feel like it sounds good but I don't wanna get my hopes up
Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Field1234 »

That means you’ve passed vetting mate! I had revived that the other day and then 2 days later received an email to book a time for them to call me to discuss when you start! So congrats mate
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

How long have you been in vetting for if don't mind me asking? My portal keeps jumping back from referred for a decision to be made back to going through pre employment checks 4th time now 😔
Field1234
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Field1234 »

I was in vetting for a total of 3 weeks and 2 days so not long at all...
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by spacegeneral  »

I started vetting on 27th of February, could have started sooner but I had a hard time getting a paper translated from my home country language to English.
I didn't get The Call yet, but my profile changed to what I wrote on my last post this morning! Hope that helps :)
Russko
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Russko »

That was quick space man, well done!!!

I’m in a similar boat to the above, I’ve gone from being referred to a decision to back to employment checks lol

I have only been in vetting 2.5 weeks though to be fair.

Could only book my occupational health call for this morning as well and that went well, she said no concerns and she will inform recruitment.

Just got my fitness and medical next week left and obviously the “employment checks” lol

Have you already done your fitness and medical space general?
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by spacegeneral  »

I took and passed ARC and fitness back in December! Then I was on merit list for a while, so I applied to a second prison. After that I got an offer for both and I took a little time to decide which one I wanted to most, then vetting started on 27th of Feb :)

To be fair they had lots of my info already so that's probably why it was quick. 3 weeks isn't that long, hang in there!! And keep us updated!
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Oh wow not long then I've been in vetting for 6 weeks now keep checking portal for. It to change 🙈 done my arc and fitness test passed both so just waiting game now
C4l27
Rookie Member

Post by C4l27 »

Labgurl1993 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 pm Oh wow not long then I've been in vetting for 6 weeks now keep checking portal for. It to change 🙈 done my arc and fitness test passed both so just waiting game now
Hey!

New to the forum, so apologies for butting in. I was just wondering what establishment you’ve applied for. I’ve been in vetting 4 weeks so far and my status has t changed once.

Getting impatient haha!

Thanks in advance
Previous topicNext topic