Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Samc

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Samc »

That’s good news at least it takes the stress away. I was worried they’d maybe not be so supportive on accommodation and travel. I got a job with the local ambulance service a few years ago and for the 12 week training they wouldn’t support anything and it was 2 hours away! And thanks for your good luck hopefully all will be ok. Good luck for your start date also
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Need some advice ice had a email to confirm a few debts I have only 3 small ones that are being paid off monthly will this go against me I've put the information they want which was start date end date amount remaining and how much pay a month can anyone help if it will affect my application
Taff86 
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Group Leader: Zulus

Post by Taff86  »

Shouldn't be a problem, you are being up front about it and paying off, if you can send pictures of letters to prove your paying them if you have any. Your doing the right thing being honest about it. Good luck with your application 👍🏻
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Thank you I've got email from the company it just worries me
kinzku5 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by kinzku5  »

Vetting went pretty quick for me! Just over two weeks to complete.. I have booked my start date call for tomorrow evening :slbg:
09/10/20 - Applied
05/12/20 - Passed ARC & failed fitness
15/01/21 - Passed fitness retake & on merit list
14/02/21 - Offer accepted
19/02/21 - Vetting began
10/03/21 - Start date call
10/05/21 - Start date
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by spacegeneral  »

Hi, futur female officer here ! I am currently being vetted, and was wondering if my vetting could take longer because I'm foreign ? Since they have to check my background for 2 different countries. I have no idea if one of you would know that but thought I'd ask !

Cheers
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Any advice please my portal has now changed to your application is currently going through pre employment checks and has been referred for a decision

This is the 3rd time its done this has anyone else had theirs change this much?

Thank you
raz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by raz »

HI Labgurl I believe it is when something has come through like the OH questionnaire or a reference so for example it could be you OH Questionnaire, work reference and Counter-signatory reference. This being said I wouldn't want to say I am 100%.

Good luck

Raz
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

Hey spacegeneral,

You could try and get a police clearance in the countries you lived in. It mentions that in one of the many information pages we are sent during recruitment.
I also lived outside of the UK for a few years so I’m going to get a police check certificate for that jurisdiction.

There is no minimum years of residency requirement to be an officer in prisons under Cat A. So a police check certificate might be more than satisfactory in the vetting.

Good luck, hope you smash it!!
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Hi raz thank you for the reply

What is oh questionnaire sorry I did have to send off more info regarding some small debts I replied last night to their email.

Thank you.
Moonagedaydream
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Moonagedaydream »

May I ask what they ask in regards to debts and credit checks Labgurl?
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Hi they don't do credit checks they just ask if you have any date or ever been insolvent then they email and ask you to provide details hope that helps
landladyl

Post by landladyl »

Hi all

Im currently going through the process for YJW and have my arc in a few weeks.

I have a couple of questions on process after that (if successful of course!) -

1. Vetting - I have a default on my credit file from when I was in a debt management plan in 2014. The default from one of my creditors drops off my file in August this year and my debt plan was fully paid off and no missing payments etc. It only got defaulted because of entering a DMP not because I missed payments with them prior to that, this one just defaulted me a bit later so it hasn't quite hit six years yet. I also have one current loan which is entirely manageable and affordable that was to consolidate my overdraft and store account on a better rate of APR. Do you think these will go against me?

2. I've read conflicting stuff about whether they contact your employment references during vetting. I would worry about talking to my current employer before a confirmed offer after vetting, but I also obviously don't want to not tell them and they get contacted.... I read they usually they verify your employment history with HMRC but also read that references are part of the vetting process...?

3. Start dates - are there various options for start dates? I have a particularly long notice period in my current job (3 months) and again would worry about handing it in before a confirmed offer in case of any problems on vetting/fitness etc

Thanks in advance ☺
spacegeneral 
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by spacegeneral  »

hey Moonagedaydream thaks for your answer ! I provided them a proof of empty criminal record and even got it translated by a professional translation company to make sure it's all official, hopefully it will be enough to not slow down my process. I'm really eager to get started and can't help myself to check m justicejobs account every day sometimes twice, it's gonna be a long 12 weeks haha
raz
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by raz »

Labgurl

It is just the Online Health Questionnaire that gets sent out to you during vetting
Previous topicNext topic