Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Jason95 »

I've been calling all day long and haven't been able to get through! They're a nightmare!

Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Group Leader: Hervoice
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

They are what number are you calling.?? I know it’s a nightmare but just keep trying them xxx

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

01633 632600 - I will keep trying! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Post by Guest »

:slbg: Hiya! Long time reader, first time replying! I have Been following this feed as it’s been a really similar time line to mine. My status uploaded to “we will be in touch soon to discuss the next stage of recruitment.” I rang the number last night and a lovely person advised to wait it out one more day. I logged Into the application centre yesterday evening just as I’m really over waiting and it’s changed to “we can’t invite you to a interview but will be in touch to organise a video interview.. This would be like 500 steps back! Do you think this could just be a technical issue? Any thoughts would be GREAT! Thanks and sorry for intruding on this feed :-)
Jason95 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 pm 01633 632600 - I will keep trying! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Hmm no idea ive not seen that before sorry! I tried over 50 times to get through yesterday and nothing!

Post by Guest »

No worries, I’m hoping it’s just a technical glitch. It was about 16:50 I managed to get through! Best of luck mate! :-)

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Yeah id imagine so! Im sure yours will be fine. Ahh okay im going to keep trying this evening

Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

You must be very lucky for
Them to answer after 4pm.
I called from 0800 on the morning and literally ever 5 mins after that the lady who I spoke to she is lovley. X

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

Ive never been able to get through in the day, the 2 times i have got through has been after 5pm! Not really sure how they operate it, its a strange system! Do they work weekends does anyone know? :)

Chez32 
Committee Member
Committee Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Chez32  »

I’m not sure if they do, it’s such a ball ache when things just can’t be simple like you passed book a slot for a call xx

Post by Guest »

Managed to get through again yesterday (literally just kept pressing the number and hanging up until it rang properly), the lady I spoke to was lovely again but couldn’t really tell me much! She said they were having technical issues toward the end of the week and there were delays. She was going to find out and call me back but never called me back! Hopefully things catch up and sort themselves out over the long weekend 🙌

Moose77 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Moose77  »

Jason95 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 pm Mine has now updated too "Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks with either higher level checks and/or Health outstanding" - do we think this means just waiting on my fitness test which is Monday?

I've just changed to this today too

Moose77 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Moose77  »

Morning guys. Just got the email this morning to say I've passed fitness. Still in vetting but on the email this morning it said this *next steps*

Good news! You have passed your medical and fitness tests to become a prison officer.

Next steps: Now that you have passed these tests, as soon as your pre-employment checks are confirmed as successful we will be in touch to arrange a start date.

We will be in touch soon.

Kind regards,
HMPPS Recruitment Team

Is that a generic email or am I too excited and reading into the bit where it says "checks are confirmed as successful"
What you guys think.

Jason95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jason95 »

I had this also but it was literally for a few hours and then it changed to that theyd be in contact shortly! So id just keep checking it :) Well done!

Moose77 
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Moose77  »

Hi Jason.
Ahh I hope so. I blow my portal up the amount of times I log on a day 😂 Have you managed to get through yet?

Previous topicNext topic