HMP Send

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Beccikc86

HMP Send

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 am

Hey

Is anyone else on the merit list for Send?

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: HMP Send

Post by Charlotteisace » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 am

Hey

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this! I’m not on the merit list, no but if you’re interested in a female prison (close to London) keep an eye out on Sodexo careers to for Bronzefield. I’m starting with them and I cannot fault the entire process with them. I know there’s a mixed bag about working for a private prison but I definitely wasn’t put off.

I originally wanted to work at Feltham as a youth justice worker but the reports for Feltham are really bad from their most recent inspections so female prison was my next choice.

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:42 am

I would definitely go public before private. The benefits of the civil service alone is enough. Though it’s always good people get the option and other opinions

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Charlotteisace » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 am

I’ve found the benefits of the private service fantastic too. It’s definitely horses for courses. I tried to do some digging as to why private was considered a no no and no one really was able to explain to me. All of the info I found was really out dated too. I think for me it was purely based on the prison I wanted to apply for

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Depends how long you want to do the job for I guess. The holiday allowance in the public sector seems great and the pension for these times is fantastic. Public or private a prison officer is a prison officer. I’m glad it’s going well for you.

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Charlotteisace » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Yes I am so with you on that. The holiday allowance is definitely one of the downfalls and civil service pension is also very very good. It’s definitely worth weighing up. I am super excited to start!

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm

You and me both. Next Monday is my start date. Good luck for when you get started. Be nice having a job with different challenges.

Charlotteisace
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Charlotteisace » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Best of luck to you too!!

Beccikc86

Post by Beccikc86 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Hey

Yeh I have a few friends that work at bronzefield, I didn’t pass the interview tho back in December 🤷🏻‍♀️

Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Just think when you get your start Becci you will be on better terms than your friends!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic