V-ARC and fitness test

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Re: V-ARC and fitness test

Post by Bearguy »

It’s not booked mate, still waiting on results from the VARC, should be through next day or so.

Wondering how much time I might have in order to prepare for the fitness test 🧐
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - From the day I got my conditional offer to the day I did my fitness test it was 13 days.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

👍🏻 Some work to do.....providing I get a conditional offer or suffer on the dreaded waiting list !!!
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - I hope you don't mind me asking, have you been in the role before? I'm not sure if I've read previous topics right or not.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

No I have not been in the role before, I was supposed to start last April but covid struck, making things very difficult as I was trying to relocate, after being messed around by HMP I told the prison to withdraw my application.

Now I’m back in for the role but at a different location 👍🏻
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - I bet that was very frustrating! Did you have to wait long before you got your start date of April?
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Completed my ARC in July 2019, I believe that it was towards the back end of the year when I was offered a role, I could have started training in December, March or April, so there was options......HOWEVER......this was all pre-covid so it’s all change now

Also, when posting, you don’t need to put the person’s name you are replying to, just let the conversation flow 👍🏻
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

That must be annoying to go through that wait to get messed around! I didn't know you could chose from different dates probably have to go on the next available date now.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Just wasn’t meant to be !!
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

I hope you pass your VARC mate and make sure you let us know!
MuayThaiRy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by MuayThaiRy »

Hey guys!

I honestly don’t believe I’m cut out to be a prison officer as I physically can’t find a way to post a new topic to ask you all some questions before applying for the role😂 Please could someone help me, I’ve been on FAQs but nowhere does it say ‘new topic’ like it states. Again I’m extremely sorry for jumping on this post but I’m lost, it took me over a week to gain access to my login because something was wrong. Maybe this is gods way of telling me it’s not for me haha.

Kind regards, Ryan
Last edited by MuayThaiRy on Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Good evening !

Choose from the list of boards which relates to your proposed topic (Applications, Ask a prison officer, Off Topic etc...)

Once you open the relevant board, it should say in red ‘NEW TOPIC’

And away you go...
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

Go to the section you want to start a new topic, then at the top you should see a button that says “new topic”.
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Beat ya 🖕🏻😉
Lwhilstledown

Post by Lwhilstledown »

MuayThaiRy wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:36 pm Hey guys!

I know honestly don’t believe I’m cut out to be a prison officer! I physically can’t find a way to post a new topic to ask you all some questions before applying for the role. Please could someone help me, I’ve been on FAQs but nowhere does it say ‘new topic’ like it states. Again I’m extremely sorry for jumping on this post but I’m lost, it took me over a week to gain access to my login because something was wrong. Maybe this is gods way of telling me it’s not for me haha.

Kind regards, Ryan
Personally if you feel like you aren’t cut out to be a prison officer then maybe you are answering the question yourself? If it’s Judy a bit of self doubt that’s your issues then I’d really work on that if you do decided to go for it! Because it’s defo not going to be an environment that you can go into with self doubt
Previous topicNext topic