V-ARC and fitness test

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Charlotteisace
Official Member
Official Member

Re: V-ARC and fitness test

Post by Charlotteisace »

It’s a really weird change of circumstances. I passed my arc in March and I reapplied for another prison and I had to go through all the psychometric tests and I’m scheduled for a virtual arc. I thought you could transfer your results across. It’s all a bit confusing.

But I’ve actually been offered a role with Sodexo that I am so so so excited for! It was my number one prison choice. Does anyone happen to know where Sodexo training takes place? I know that the training and nvq is now the same for public and private prisons.
TLMiddo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TLMiddo »

Has anyone heard back yet? I think a few of us were waiting for the 14th. I've not heard yet 😕
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

I’d leave it a week TL. I passed my fitness for a second time last week and my MOJ portal has now changed to congratulations on passing your assessment centre you are now on the merit list! I’ve already accepted a conditional offer and been through vetting! I’m only waiting for the call. If you’ve found out you’ve passed I’d just leave it. If I hadn’t had a decision I’d ring on Friday.
ShakeandBake
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ShakeandBake »

I think a fair few of us are in the same boat i passed my fitness test for the second time on Monday just waiting for the call now.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Shake and bake. I would say you are spot on my friend. By the sounds of it I think they have also complicated the process also. Saying that I think I’m only having a moan because we are so close yet so far! Be a nice Christmas pressie to find out before but I’m resigned to the fact it’s looking like after New Years. Like I try let those just starting the recruitment process. Be patient put the kettle on this could take a while!
ShakeandBake
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ShakeandBake »

Hopefully it will work out well for you Rob fingers crossed. I got my start date yesterday. Start on the 11th of January its all becoming real now!.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Congratulations. It will be here before you know it. Looks like there’s a few from here that’s starting around the same time. No doubt I will get to join in come March just before my 12 months expires!
J129

Post by J129 »

ShakeandBake wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:48 pm Hopefully it will work out well for you Rob fingers crossed. I got my start date yesterday. Start on the 11th of January its all becoming real now!.

What area you applied to mate? I start on the 11th too!
ShakeandBake
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by ShakeandBake »

J129 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 pm
ShakeandBake wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:48 pm Hopefully it will work out well for you Rob fingers crossed. I got my start date yesterday. Start on the 11th of January its all becoming real now!.

What area you applied to mate? I start on the 11th too!
I'am based in Dorset mate
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Am I right in thinking that you would only complete the fitness and medical if there was a vacancy available, with vetting to follow ? Or is the fitness and medical scheduled of a pass at the VARC is achieved regardless of vacancy ?

I’m not sure if I heard/read that correctly when I completed my VARC
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - I didn't have the option to do fitness/medical before my VARC, when I got my conditional offer the first thing I got sent was an invitation to do my fitness/medical.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

So I’m thinking that you get a conditional offer on the basis that you must pass fitness, medical and vetting ?
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - Yeah so I got my conditional offer first and I had to pass my medical & fitness afterwards as well as the vetting. This confused me when I spoke to them because I thought normally you did the medical/fitness in line with the VARC. Maybe this is the new way to do so they're not making everyone who applies to travel all over.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Exactly my thinking 👍🏻
PlantPot

Post by PlantPot »

Bearguy - When is your fitness booked for?
Previous topicNext topic