V-ARC and fitness test

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Re: V-ARC and fitness test

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Thank you so nervous. They haven't mentioned anything about it yet hopefully after Xmas but I'm training now.

Oh good luck let know how you get on 🤞.

TLMiddo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:08 pm Great stuff labgurl 🤞🤞 hope it goes in your favour ☺️ when do you expect them to be doing the fitness and medical?

Got my V-ARC on 4th and really looking forward to it but hope the fitness test is after Christmas 🤞
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member
Top poster of the Month

Post by Labgurl1993 »

How do you feel you got on? I keep checking for a update we was told by 14th aswell.

Truckerbloke wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:52 am Did my V-ARC on Monday, should hear back by the 14th of December. Was quite impressed with it to be fair 👌
Truckerbloke

Post by Truckerbloke »

I think I did ok. I don't feel I struggled with anything so fingers crossed
Pollypop

Post by Pollypop »

How do the bleep tests work?
Do you have to go until you can’t go anymore?
Or do you go until a certain time and they tell you to stop?
I’ve heard it’s 5.4-6 on the bleep test. If you hit the goal they want, do they end it there?
If they don’t, will however long you go for give you a higher score for your overall arc?
DrTadWinslow
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DrTadWinslow »

The bleep test level to meet is 5.4. Remember it's a 15 metre bleep test. I remember when I practiced for my ARC I listened to the 20m bleep test audio, then a few days before I went for my assessment I realised I was using the wrong audio to practice
Damian1

Post by Damian1 »

Hi all,

I have my ARC for HMP Belmarsh in two weeks.

It doesn’t appear to be a virtual assessment as I’ve been given a location to attend.

I’m extremely excited but nervous.

Is there any advice that anyone could give me, especially pertaining to the role plays? I’m most concerned about that. I’ve read a lot of stories where people are initially fearful of it but once in it they’re just fine. Nonetheless, I’m still anxious. Do they push you to go out of your comfort zone? Are the actors/“prisoners” you’re dealing with rather hostile? :sloo:

That said, I’m confident about the bleep test and other exercises. I’ve been practicing for months so that should go well.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for them to let them know you’ve passed? I’m on the merit list so do they inform you the same day? How long does vetting take?

Thanks everyone.

P.S. Love this forum. :slcup:
Pollypop

Post by Pollypop »

DrTadWinslow wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 am The bleep test level to meet is 5.4.
Does this mean as soon as you get to 5.4 for you stop?
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Yes, once you reach the required level the test is ended 👍🏻
TLMiddo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TLMiddo »

Hi guys, had my virtual ARC yesterday. I think it went well but I can say it wasn't what I was expecting for the 30 min interview.

I'll hear back no later than the 14th and then all being well I should get an invite to book the medical and fitness test. On that front I've been doing the couch to 5k like a previous poster suggested and while at the gym yesterday I managed to do 3 x 4 minutes jogging on the treadmill, so I've improved quite a bit during the last couple of weeks. Just need to pick up the pace now and then have another bleep test practice.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Great to know the couch to 5 k is building stamina for you. The time has come Monday for me to repeat my fitness already passed it first time but need to do it before it expires. Just keep going.

Also remember when you do it for real when it matters, adrenaline is going to kick in. If you really want it your body will find an extra 20% for you.

Fingers crossed for you. You can and will do this. Wait till you do the 20 minute run on couch 2 5 k. It’s unbelievable you don’t know how you’ve got to that point but if you follow the plan somehow you manage!
TLMiddo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by TLMiddo »

Not going to lie, its much harder running on the road compared to the treadmill lol. But I'm getting there :slbg:

Thanks for the encouragement it really does make a difference and my personal trainer has been fabulous so far.

I'm sure you'll do fine if you've passed it before and kept your fitness up in the mean time.
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

That’s why I run on the road to be fair but whatever helps it’s all psychological. Keep going you’ve got this.

Find all the genuine people on here supportive, full of good advice and happy to share the knowledge. After all we all working towards playing on the same team.
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Whay aye, do all the hard work now so when it comes to crunch time....it’s a piece of piss !!!

Best of luck for Monday Rob, just a formality 👍🏻
Dartsrob2

Post by Dartsrob2 »

Cheers Bearguy. I just wanted the call and my start date before another fitness test if you know what I mean. I’ve even taken 3 days rest because I don’t want to do something daft and hurt myself.

As we all can relate too its a career we all really want. I’m sure some do it for curiosity but I believe it’s those who don’t last!

I’ll be sure to update tomorrow afternoon. I suppose it’s not as stressful as awaiting ARC results. All I can say to those especially those up north. It’s the first part of a long wait. Expect recruitment to take the full 12 months but it does come... Eventually!
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Just another hoop to jump through on the path to being a prison officer
Previous topicNext topic