V-ARC and fitness test

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: V-ARC and fitness test

Post by JCOX4 »

Ha, you did bear.. I started writing the reply then had to take a phone call, hung up, finished writing and sent it then see you had already replied 🤦🏻‍♂️
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

How you doing anyway my friend?
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

I am good mate, still mourning the fact I had to withdraw at the very last minute but at the same time it was the right thing to do for my family. I will go for it again in the future, when things have settled and the kids are a bit older and more independent.

Thing is with working for the prison service, the shifts are so all over the place and that makes it very difficult for my wife to arrange a job and give times that she can work which frees one of us up to do the school drop off or pick up. Where as at the moment the money I earn, we can afford for her to not work, and if she does then it’s just extra money. Working for the prison service she would have to work to make up the loss of earnings from me.

I see you have your fingers in a couple of different pies, I hope you get in soon!
J
ARC 26/11/19
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

You don’t have to explain yourself mate, you made the right choice for your family, like you say, you can revisit things when circumstances change, there will always be baddies about !!

I have indeed, I would prefer to be with HMP in England but would consider a move north of the border if they offer me a position 👍🏻
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

That’s it mate that’s what I intend to do. Atm just focus on the here and now and what happens in the future happens.
Tbh, I haven’t read much up on the SPS as it is literally so far away I’ve never been interested. Although I did watch a documentary on Barlinnie and didn’t have a clue what they were saying half the time lol.
J
ARC 26/11/19
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
MuayThaiRy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by MuayThaiRy »

Thank you so much guys! I am an idiot when it comes to technology sometimes haha and regarding me not being cut out to be a prison officer you took that completely wrong😂 I was being sarcastic by saying I can’t even post a topic haha, no need to be judgemental when I meant nothing of the sort. I actually think I’d make the most amazing prison officer ever, sorry guys haha.

Anyway, roll on the questions! I hope you’re all ready to give me some advice, if I don’t get this job I’ll actually be pretty gutted. I don’t want to be a scaffolder much longer unfortunately, I have so much more to give and when you find out exactly all about me I think you’ll all agree that a prison officer job is for me!

Ps, I have no self doubt what so ever, I’ve been through hell and back, I’m extremely strong minded, compassionate and could give this role my 110%.
londonlad81
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by londonlad81 »

JCOX, it’s a shame that you didn’t join us after the hoops you jumped through to get in..
But, I completely understand your reasoning for not going through with it. I’d struggle to take a job with a big pay cut.
Previous topicNext topic