Scottish Prison Service

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Dartsrob2

Re: Scottish Prison Service

Post by Dartsrob2 »

And from the experience of many the road is almost a year long. I hope the process is quicker for yourself. I also found it impossible to register so you’re not the only one. All the best for your interview
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Are you going on for an operations officer or residential ?
Big_Mac

Post by Big_Mac »

Hello,

I am currently employed by HMPPS, would I need to apply as an external candidate or could I transfer? Will it count as part of my continuous period of employment?

Thanks,

J

Post by ... »

I’m extremely sorry to jump on this topic but I am really lost and have no idea how to sort my issue out. I’ve made an account and for the life of me I’m not receiving my activation email so I can’t do anything on here and I’m really desperate to get on right now. Please could you help bearguy? My username is MuayThaiRy.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the best wishes.

I initially applied for residential officer and it was taking a long time with covid hold up. In the process I saw the operations job and thought that might be a better starting place. There were 2 operations officers at my assessment date and they both loved it. I am nosey I dont want to miss out.
Both applications live. If I get operations I will start there.

Interview went well once i sorted my tech issues. They were very understanding thankfully !!

What are you applying for Bearguy?
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

I initially applied for operations as that was the only vacancy at the time of applying, since then I have applied for a residential role in another prison.

Waiting to hear back on my interview for operations, should be soon as it was a week ago now, I have the cognitive tests to do on the residential application.

My preference is the residential role like 👍🏻

Post by Guest »

I dont think we will waiting long. Said we should know by Friday or Monday at latest.

I applied in April for residential and done my online assessments. Group test at the College in November. Told I passed a week ago. Interviews now being released.

Applied for Operations in December with interview yesterday.

Also I'm 48 year old female so if anyone is reading and thinks they are too old to apply.... you're not !!

Good luck

Post by Guest »

My portal just changed to application progressing so I passed the interview stage. Fitness, medical and vetting to go. Exciting :)
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Nice one !!

The hard stuff done !!

Post by Guest »

Thank you. Your posts have been very helpful since April last year
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Well, we all in the same boat, why not help each other along the way !

Post by Guest »

Had a call from SPS with a conditional offer. They must do things slightly different here. Medical & fitness to do while vetting is going on.

All moving quickly now thankfully :)
Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy »

Congrats !!!

Bet you’re chuffed 👍🏻🎉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Post by Guest »

So today I got a citation for Jury duty in March. As I haven't passed vetting, medical and fitness yet, am I still exempt ? 🤔