Virtual interview

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Belfast86
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Virtual interview

Post by Belfast86 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Finally... received an email from HR connect regarding my virtual interview.. 4rh August lol

At least I have plenty of time to practice and study for it

TheRealMe
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by TheRealMe » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Crikey. You’d have thought assessment centres would be back up and running by then. Unless they’re sticking with virtual interviews 🤔.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:56 pm

I could imagine virtual interviews would be kept for the future as they could reduce the strain on the rad or arc days.

Could also be used to put a stop to an application before it takes valuable resources like vetting and such if they don’t pass the interview.

I personally thinks it’s actually a good thing finally trialed and adhered to by hmpps

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:40 pm

I disagree, I believe face to face interviews are an invaluable process for both potential employee and employer.

The whole experience will be diluted, as stressful as interviews are, being sat in your nice relaxed kitchen with a shirt and tie on but no trousers, just isn’t the same as waiting at the test centre, in your Sunday best, ready to go get the job you have been building yourself up for the last few months.....

Anyone get my drift 😂 ??

londonlad81
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by londonlad81 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 pm

I don’t see how the ARC day can be done virtually anyway.
For a start you have to sit a written exam and pass the role plays. It wouldn’t be possible to do this via a computer.
Plus, you have to do a fitness test.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 am

What I’m trying to say is if interviews are done before the candidate reaches the arc or rad it could whittle down the numbers which in turn can alleviate the strain on the rest of the process allowing for more directed recruitment if u get what I’m saying, as I assure you working on the landings in one of the busiest cat b locals outside of London I sat there whilst conducting my briefings and looked at what the recruitment campaign has offered over the last four years and at least a quarter of them should have never been on the payroll.

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Post by falkor » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 am

the last few words have been copied to a new Topic about Quality of Recruits

this topic is Virtual Interview :slby:

DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DARKVADOR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:52 am

I have been given a new interview invites but unfortunately there are no slots available to book. And i only have 5 days to book.

DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DARKVADOR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi, Finally interview booked for tomorrow.Very stressed for preparation. Any further advice is welcome even by PM. Thanks

AllForOne

Post by AllForOne » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm

Anyone else had problems with the virtual interview? I booked mine for today at 13:45-14:45 (UTC) I believe that UTC is 1 hour behind so the interview should have started at 14:45 but when I logged in to the meeting there was no one there :(

Dartsrob1

Post by Dartsrob1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi All for one.

I think you got it the wrong way round. UTC is the time zone we follow in winter so 13:45 would be 12:45.

I would ring SS it’s an honest mistake. Hope it gets resolved.

Dartsrob1

Post by Dartsrob1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Sorry all for one misread your post of course 13:45 UTC is 14:45 BST. I think it’s there mistake

AllForOne

Post by AllForOne » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:07 pm

Dartsrob1 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:36 pm
Sorry all for one misread your post of course 13:45 UTC is 14:45 BST. I think it’s there mistake
I called them whilst I was logged in the meeting and the woman was very helpful she said that she’d pass the notes on to the relevant people and they’ll decide if I can have another interview.

I felt terrible so double checked my emails and scheduled time and called them back to ask where could I send my proof. The second woman was really unhelpful. First question she asked was where my interview was. Surely they are all virtual? Then she told me that my interview was 13:45UTC and that is was by then 3:01BST that I should Logged in at the correct time and I had missed it and that was that. I tried to explain the to her that the only option I was given was UTC which is 1 hour behind BST and she told asked me if I live in Britain. When I replied that in fact I did. Her response was that I should have known. I tried to explain that both UTC and BST are different time zones and she point blank said “I’m not going around in circles the decision has been made and there is no point you sending proof as that’s final”

As you can expect I was utterly shocked at the treatment I received on that phone call after already working myself up to preform a virtual interview, logging in only to find no one came.

I now have the email from this site, but I not really sure where to go from here. Any advise would be appreciated :)

JCOX4
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by JCOX4 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:37 am

I would email recruitment (Prisonofficerrecruitment@gov.sscl.com) as the standard SSCL people are no help at all. Explain your situation and I will be surprised if they don't bend over backwards to help out.
Hope you get it sorted!
J
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
A&C decision 24/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09

Dartsrob1

Post by Dartsrob1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:22 am

What hope can we have if the recruitment team don’t know the difference between UTC and BST. I would ignore the woman who said that there was no point in appealing. There is always a point to appeal especially when you are in the right. Look through the pages loads of people win on appeal. Why SS need to use UTC is beyond me. We are all in the UK. It’s summer use BST! All the best with the appeal buddy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic