Virtual interview

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Virtual interview

Post by DARKVADOR » Fri May 15, 2020 10:58 am

Hi, and thanks as i am a new member on the forum. I received a txt today saying i will be invited soon for a virtual interview for my recent application.
I passed all the online test and was invited to the fitness centre in croydon then cancelled due to Covid19. Has anyone got such text and what happened if i fail the virtual interview.
Thanks

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Virtual interview

Post by londonlad81 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Is this to be a prison Officer? You’d normally do the interview at the ARC centre, as you also have to do the role plays and written tests. So I’m not sure why you would do it virtually in that case???

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am

I’m guessing but as the MOJ has texted this morning to say that assessment centres are still closed, they are doing the interview virtually to narrow down the field to go through to the Maths, English and role play tests. I imagine there is quite a backlog and they are doing what they can so it doesn’t take SSCL as long to get back on track.

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by londonlad81 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 am

Oh ok, that would make sense. Atleast that’s one part done for you!

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 am

London last as I say it’s just a guess.

DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DARKVADOR » Fri May 29, 2020 10:57 am

Thanks guys for all your replies.Invited now for a video assessment. Does anyone know what kind of questions they will be asking? Thanks

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by londonlad81 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:20 pm

The interview is nothing to worry about it’s just so they can get a little insight into who you are.
Nothing difficult, they might ask you something like do you think people can change, obviously that would be a yes because the prison service is about rehabilitation as well.

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Plenty of chatter mate, no one word answers, keep the conversation flowing, explain your answers if you can.

londonlad81
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by londonlad81 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:12 pm

As Bear Guy says plenty of chat, give some examples and elaborate as much as you can, gives you a better score!
Noting too worry about!

Bearguy
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Bearguy » Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Got this interview lark sussed la !!! Piece of cake !!

DARKVADOR
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by DARKVADOR » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks to all, And Yes it's the virtual interview then if successful, i will be invited to the ARC for the rest of the test. All due to coronavirus. I was looking of what type of questions they may ask or samples so i can work on it, that's because i am so bad in job interviews. I've being watching some vid on youtube but don't know if they're relevant.

Thnaks

Belfast86
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Belfast86 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Just got an email today inviting me for a video interview for the recent Northern Ireland night duty officers.

Any tips are much appreciated

Thanks

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm

How’s it going.

There’s really nothing to practice when it comes to the interview. It’s not like a conventional interview. It’s about just being yourself. As many people before me have said, just be yourself. The process seems to be designed so the job is right for the person as much as the person is right for the job.

I say relax treat it as a conversation you would have with a friend and what happens, happens.

Good look guys

Jambogmail1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Jambogmail1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:20 am

Hi guys I've got my virtual interview next Thursday has anyone done one yet? I've done online research at some possible questions all basic stuff why do you want to you, what do you want from the job, tell me about yourself etc.

Has anyone done one yet? Be interesting to see what they actually ask, I'm sure all getting these virtual interviews are wondering. So any actual questions would be amazing.

I'm also going to have to use my phone to do the video call, this will be ok right? The SCC said using a phone is fine.

Thanks

Sorry if I've missed a thread answering this

Dartsrob

Post by Dartsrob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:08 pm

It’s more to gauge your personality than yes or no questions, right or wrong answers. Just be yourself and enjoy it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic