Never contacted referee but this is holding my vetting up?

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Snoops68

Never contacted referee but this is holding my vetting up?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:10 am

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone else has had this predicament. 10 weeks into vetting and heard nothing. I haven't clogged up the phones to Shared Services after reading all the comments on here but I thought after reading about vetting contact points on here I would contact mine at my chosen establishment. After getting through to a very helpful lady she informed me all my vetting was complete apart from 1 reference not being returned, the very helpful lady also told me which referee it was. I duly called the referee (who has become a valued friend through work) to be told she has heard or received nothing but double, tripled checked on my behalf. So I proceeded to call my VCP to inform her of my findings. The lovely lady told me to ring Shared Services and email vetting to make sure they have the correct details which I duly did.SS would not take any or give me any information (which I expected) I'm another 2 weeks into vetting on top of my already 10 weeks and the referee has still heard nothing. Can anyone shed any light?
Really appreciate your help

Emearg
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Never contacted referee but this is holding my vetting up?

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:38 pm

I had a slight issue with one of my references saying that he hadn't received anything but SS were very helpful and emailed the referee straight away !!

Not sure who you spoke to but try this email ;

Vetting-References@noms.gsi.gov.uk

I was dealing with Sarah and Joanne.

Hope this helps and good luck
8th April 17, Applied - 31 May 17, Familiarisation Day - 8th June 17, Attended RAD/Fail - 6th July 17, Attended development day/Passed - 25th July 17, conditional offer - 26th July 17, vetting started - 29th September, Received start date. :slyay:

Alam77
Registered Member
Registered Member

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am

I gave 2 reference details and they didn't contact any of them and I still got the contract. I don't get it.

Although it could be iv lived at the same address for 6 years and we had 3 elections since then plus iv held the same job for 11 years so could have just checked my tax records.

For some people they chase it but for me they didn't contact them.
Applied 22-7-17
Online test reminder 27-7-17
Passed online test 28-7-17
Fam' Day 10-8-17
RAD 18-9-17
Results 20-9-17
Conditional offer 21-9-17
Vetting 22-9-17
The Call 10-11-17 :slbx:
POELT 12/2/18 :slcl:

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Because your vetting happened after the change over they got all they required for HMRC.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic